cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

blkfe
Explorer
Explorer
pamtnmn wrote:
if you ever cut the cord off the alarm clock to repair the electric brakes after a blowout

You have my respect...

campergrl81
Explorer
Explorer
i thought so. thanks
our tiny little camper is being modified again to add a bunk for our little girl! pics in profile!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
campergrl81 wrote:
wow it has been a while since i posted in this thread...

you might be an RV'r if... when you are looking for your first house, it is an absolute MUST that the driveway or yard be able to accomadate your snowmoile trailor and current TT and the "next size up" when that time comes.

which by the way my DH and i were able to find a home that "accomadated" us in this way and we bought it in august and i now finally had time to get back on this site.

:C Now that's "forward thinking"! :B

I like that trailer in your profile, very cool.

campergrl81
Explorer
Explorer
wow it has been a while since i posted in this thread...

you might be an RV'r if... when you are looking for your first house, it is an absolute MUST that the driveway or yard be able to accomadate your snowmoile trailor and current TT and the "next size up" when that time comes.

which by the way my DH and i were able to find a home that "accomadated" us in this way and we bought it in august and i now finally had time to get back on this site.
our tiny little camper is being modified again to add a bunk for our little girl! pics in profile!

powerboatr
Explorer
Explorer
you can park your rv in any cg spot no matter how tight in just minutes, but block traffic for hours at home backing in the driveway
Robert and Joann, plus one rotten pup
2006 Cedar Creek 36RLTS, pulled by a Blue Oval Ford F350 Towboss, empty F/A 4620 R/A 4160 GW 8780
24040 rolling lbs all hitched up
Full Timed Retired since Oct 13th 2006
Retired Navy

geogypsy
Explorer
Explorer
...you hear your DH yell, "****" while dumping the tanks, and you take him seriously.
...the dents on the pickup bed match the fiver.
...watching the birds IS better than TV.
...all your best friends & family have parking with FHU.

I spent a great time LOL at all these.

Serenity_Road
Explorer
Explorer
If you've stopped watching television and read this forum instead.
Aaron & Delores
1 DD ๐Ÿ™‚ and 1 DS ๐Ÿ™‚
1 CD (Shih Tzu) ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Nissan Titan
2008 Rockwood 2306
Prodigy,Equalizer, and Champion C40012

BelleisleNB
Explorer
Explorer
Has nobody seriously considered a book?????

Jeff Foxworthy is probably taking notes as we write.

A riot - such good reading.

Southwind85
Explorer
Explorer
...if indoor temperatures of 60F in the day and 50F at night is considered pleasantly warm.

...if house people are in a panic going to the store for survival rations for the upcoming snow storm and you don't think a thing about the weather.

...if you always reach for the pump switch before turning the water faucet on.

...if you can't figure out how to flush a house toilet then once you figure it out, you consider the hand lever thing very unsanitary.

...if you think any living accommodation with more than 200 sq ft would be insanely big and you can't figure out why anyone would want that much room in the first place.

...if you know what phase the moon is in at anytime of the month.

...if you can't sleep at night unless the house rocks a little in the wind.
The Good Life

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you tow your trailer 5 hours up the road to tailgate at a football game, and then watch the game on television because you don't even have tickets.

. . . you cancel your cable TV service and subscribe to DirectTV because they'll give you a second dish for the RV.

nowgrn4
Explorer
Explorer
Your DW has to go out to the RV to wake you up from your nap to tell you to "Get in the house,dinners ready".

pamtnmn
Explorer
Explorer
if you ever cut the cord off the alarm clock to repair the electric brakes after a blowout

pioneerclaims
Explorer
Explorer
If you keep going back to RV.NET to BUMP UP THIS THREAD, just hoping for more INPUT...
Steve Z and sometimes... Debbie, Jon, Chris, Aleyna
2015 Open Range 2015 ROAMER RF337RLS Fifth Wheel
2015 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 4-Door Diesel
Triumph 170CC Center Console Bay Boat in tow

pioneerclaims
Explorer
Explorer
... if you sit in your Chevy Trailblazer and look for the Glow Plug light or the Water In Fuel light to come on.

... if you cannot sleep at home without running a generator in the yard or garage to hear that familiar "hum".

... if you look for creative ways to add "basement storage" to your mini-van.

... if you get out of your Chevy Cobalt at gas stations to check clearance heights.

... if you RELIGIOUSLY check THIS THREAD every day to look for new posts...
Steve Z and sometimes... Debbie, Jon, Chris, Aleyna
2015 Open Range 2015 ROAMER RF337RLS Fifth Wheel
2015 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 4-Door Diesel
Triumph 170CC Center Console Bay Boat in tow

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you get in your commuter vehicle and turn the key to on and wait to start it.