cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

terrytrailertra
Explorer
Explorer
If while shopping in the outlet stores at Myrtle Beach the saleslady who is smitten with your 3 y/o DS asks him where he lives, and he replies (in a perfectly frank manner) "in the state park".
17 Keystone Sprinter
'17 Dodge Ram
DH, DD-15, DS-12, and Me (Mom)

millenma
Explorer
Explorer
Al/Reeni wrote:
Oh yeah, here's another. . .

if you drink your first cup of coffee every morning sitting in front of the computer checking out RV.Net.

Keep 'em comin'!

That's me and Pepsi :E
2008 Ford F-350 DRW 6.4
2011 Heartland Bighorn 3185RL

millenma
Explorer
Explorer
grannyapple3 wrote:
turninghawk wrote:
.......you spend $276,953 on a new RV, but stay at a Wal-Mart because you think $33 a night is too much for a campground!!

Oh My God ROFLMAO!!!!

That is so Funny kept me ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Ford F-350 DRW 6.4
2011 Heartland Bighorn 3185RL

jimroach
Explorer
Explorer
G7ARYM wrote:

Ifโ€ฆ your wife was buying kitchen items six months before picking up your first RV.

We are in the process of buying our first TT and the DW has already bought all the linens, dishes, and lord knows what else, and is already deciding how to decorate it. ๐Ÿ™‚
Jim, Bonnie, Dakota and Sapphire
2014 Jeep Wrangler
2012 Fleetwood Southwind

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you take your RV to the office Christmas Party, so you don't have to drive home.

hughdogg6
Explorer
Explorer
If...you take your tablecloth clamps to the company picnic
or
If...You spend all winter reading the campground guide.
or
If...You drive a $200,000 rig to your local Christmas Parade so you can have a few friends in for hot chocolate and snacks....

You JUST MIGHT be an RVer!

IKEblows
Explorer
Explorer
OH, now thats a GREAT idea!

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
IKEblows wrote:
When you firgure out that Pool noodles make great and colorful Hose insulation!

Or, door stop. :B

IKEblows
Explorer
Explorer
When you firgure out that Pool noodles make great and colorful Hose insulation!

Here_n_There1
Explorer
Explorer
...if you know exactly what GCWR, GVWR, GAWR, CC, Max Tow Weight and DryWeight are, how to calculate, and how to interpret results.
Here'n'There
2009 Carri-Lite 36SBQ 5th Wheel
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Quad Cab Long Bed Diesel Dually
On the road with Here'n'There
Role of the C133 in Viet Nam

TTMama7
Explorer
Explorer
if...Your 8 year old is bouncing around early in the morning while youre still trying to sleep and you yell 'stop shaking the house!"

if...all your life you might have gotten to know one neighbor while living in apartments and houses but after spending a few weeks at a site you can't get down the road without stopping and talking to at least three different neighbors and knowing everyone by name ๐Ÿ™‚

if...your 8 year old son wants to try sleeping in every possible bunk-option your trailer has...and yes, even the storage bins!

if...when your DVD player is broken you and your son sit around the computer, pop popcorn and look at new expensive RV's and trailers that are being sold nearby and planning which ones to get ๐Ÿ˜› and that consititutes as special family togetherness time LOL ("ooh, look at these truck campers, they're cool! WOW that RV is HOW much? Ooooh, it's got a slide in table and TWO BATHROOMS!!!! LOL)

if...reading this forum suddenly gives you the urge to pull anchor and take to the winds :B

Okay, I think I'm done!

Oh, and the posts about figuring out other people's RV layouts just by looking at the rig...yeah, guilty! :R At work the overflow parking dirt lot now serves as a Christmas tree selling station and I was parked next to an RV and during lunch I found myself sizing it up...the FIRST time I've ever done it (been an RV person for a little over a year now ๐Ÿ˜„ ) ... kinda shocked myself there for a moment, but I'm glad I'm not the only one ๐Ÿ˜„

This post is great! Keep'em comin!

Jackha1949
Explorer
Explorer
You maybe an RV'er if you know Mutt Mitts aren't for keeping your hands warm!!
Jack & Peg
USN Ret AGC
K1ZMB
Patrick AFB
2017 Coachmen Leprechaun

Jackha1949
Explorer
Explorer
You hop in your car turn the key and look for the "wait to start" light!

You think hooking up to 30 amps is ruffing it!
Jack & Peg
USN Ret AGC
K1ZMB
Patrick AFB
2017 Coachmen Leprechaun

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . your Christmas cards feature either a photo or a drawing of an RV.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you do your Christmas shopping at Flying J.