cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

Fortkentdad
Explorer
Explorer
if your a math whiz with GVW, CGVW, Pin Wieght, etc, but can't calculate the 10% tip at a restaurant.
Fort Kent Dad aka FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta Canada

09 Rockwell 8319SS
2010 Dodge 2500 CTD Mega Cab, 4x4, Loaded Laramie

jr6ooo4
Explorer
Explorer
You might be an RVer if places that have to post a beer price chart like this

are in your list of favorite places.

Mikeeee
After tent camping for many many years, we are finally off the ground!

Zomar
Explorer
Explorer
Jackha1949 wrote:
You hop in your car turn the key and look for the "wait to start" light!

Can't help it!!
Me, DW, & Pogo the bouncing Rat Terrier

'99 F250 7.3 Super Duty ext. cab Firestone air bags, Bilstien shocks
2003 Arctic Fox 24-5 5th wheel

Zomar
Explorer
Explorer
ASNF49 wrote:
If when looking to buy a house the number one priority is... Does it have parking for the RV?

If not is the driveway on the right side of the house.

Zomar
Explorer
Explorer
If;
after reading the first 12 pages you go back all the way to page one because you THINK you might of missed one.
If; every Saturday morning you have to change clothes in the camper because you keep all your week-end clothes there just incase.
If; DW calls your camper "the CABIN"

StanleyandIris
Explorer
Explorer
If:

Your new "shopping mall" is a Flying J.

You pump your right foot after using the S/B toilet.

You have pictures of your rig at more than one Wal-Mart.

You can prepare a 5 course meal by flashlight using only one burner.

Gorilla Tape is the new American Express; you never leave home without both.

You are proud when you kill 2 flies with one swat.

TJ_R
Explorer
Explorer
... whenever you go under an overpass or bridge you look at the height sign to make sure the RV will fit.

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . your television signal at home goes bad and you instinctively get out of your chair to adjust the "batwing".

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . you used to spend all day Saturday manicuring your lawn, half a day Sunday washing, waxing and detailing your cars, and Sunday afternoon in front of the tv watching golf.

Now, you race home Thursday afternoon, give the yard a 20-minute knockdown and hope it rains to wash the cars; all so you can leave straight from work Friday evening to spend a guilt free weekend in the campground.

. . . you regularly spend more to fill your fuel tank than you did to buy your first car.

Missy120
Explorer
Explorer
Tothill wrote:
Wow I have read all 44 pages today.

I have not seen this one yet.

You might be a Rver if you have taken your dog for her morning walk in your pajamas and on that walk you spoke other people similarly dressed.

This is me every time we camp. I walk the dogs in my jammies. Wave to the other people passing by in their jammies.....

DannerFamily
Explorer
Explorer
You know what the heck Eternabond is, and smells like! :R

SWAY is the worst 4 letter word in your vocabulary!

You know more about tire construction than 99% of all tire shop employees.
-
2007 Ram 2500 QCSB
9000 GVWR/20000 GCWR/4750 GFAWR/6010 GRAWR
CAT Truck = 4120F/2740R
CAT WD Hitch = 4120F/3790R
6.7L Cumm/68RFE/4.10
Mich LTX/AS 265/70R17E
Reese P-Series SC 1100
Prodigy
06 Hol Rambler SavoySL 30CKS
10100 GVWR/7500 loaded-1050 tongue
-

kebmw
Explorer
Explorer
If during the bad economy you and your DH decide that if everything falls apart, you will let the house go and keep the RV.

If your 10 y/o child fights with you over who gets to read the Trailer Life/ Camping World ads / RV View magazine and Cabelas catalogs first.

If your 10 y/o son calls pocket knives "RV Knives" because the only time he is allowed to have them is when we are campin....

If you feel the need to explain to your non-RVing friends why you bought a FW in a bad economy.... ("this is our cruise, our trip to Europe, etc... this is what we do for all our vacations")

If you get to take a vacation every other month (or more) instead of once or twice a year! :B

~Karin

Tothill
Explorer
Explorer
Wow I have read all 44 pages today.

I have not seen this one yet.

You might be a Rver if you have taken your dog for her morning walk in your pajamas and on that walk you spoke other people similarly dressed.

broken_axle
Explorer
Explorer
- you tell the kids to get out the good china and it's made by chinette

-You finally talk your wife into getting the new diesel pickup cause your old burb doesn't have the tow rating to tow your camper safely and you tow it once to your seasonal site and park it.:W

- you teenage daughter know how to take a navy shower in the camper even though they use up a 50 gallon tank in the stick house.:h

- your idea of a morning walk is a brisk walk across the street to the restroom because your not allowed to smell up the camper :M
31 jayco bhs
2007 GMC 2500HD duramax diesel w/ allison tranny

All_about_the_B
Explorer
Explorer
....if, after being on the road for the month of June, you can't figure out why the inside of your house looks so big when you get home.
2003 Dodge Diesel 4X4 Quad
2019 Jayco 29.5 BHOK Fifth Wheel