cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You MIGHT be an RV'r if . . .

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
As a takeoff on Jeff Foxworthy's "Redneck" bit, here's a few thoughts that have popped into my mind. I will admit to being guilty of SOME of these!

You MIGHT be an RV'r if. . .

. . . the Camping World Master Catalog arrives and you lock yourself in the bathroom for an hour with a cordless phone and your VISA card.

. . . when someone asks how many people can sleep in your RV, you and your spouse answer in unison, "JUST TWO!"

. . . you could re-plumb, or re-wire your RV blindfolded, but if the dishwasher in your house quits, you tell your wife to call somebody.

. . . the sheets, towels, and small appliances in your RV are all brand new and color co-ordinated, but in your house it's the same stuff you bought at garage sales when you first got married.

. . . you're not at Camping World within 10 minutes of opening on Saturday morning, and they call your house to see if you're OK.

. . . at home it's Pop Tarts, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and leftovers, but in the CG it's full breakfasts, porterhouse, boiled shrimp, and fresh sweetcorn.

OK, folks, let's hear some more!
669 REPLIES 669

justALnow
Explorer
Explorer
. . . having run short on time before a camping trip, you have only
washed the "door side" on your camper.

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
...if you like the smell of formaldehyde.

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
DodgieDan wrote:
If you remember city and town names because they have a Wal-Mart that lets you spend the night!

Bin There Done That!

...and you have that special list of Wal-marts with "quiet" parking lots below the grade of the the busy road...

That's it we're watching The Long Long Trailer again...

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
When your grand-daughter tells her friends at school.... "my grand parents live in a bus".
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

kginder
Explorer
Explorer
... if you know what a honey wagon is AND you actually know all of the intricacies of how it works.

After a long hot afternoon and a 12 pack I found the whole thing fascinating.

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
If you say, "It's time to go home" and your 3 year old says, "To the house with wheels, or the house without wheels?"
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
if your rv cost more then your house

LuckeyUs
Explorer
Explorer
...if you forget how to pack a suitcase.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
... in the last couple of months you are at home but have slept in your RV (sitting out in the backyard) more than you have slept in your home. :h
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

pioneerclaims
Explorer
Explorer
if your wife walks in on you sneaking peeks at new RV's online, and you hurry to shut down the computer as if it were naughty girl pictures...
Steve Z and sometimes... Debbie, Jon, Chris, Aleyna
2015 Open Range 2015 ROAMER RF337RLS Fifth Wheel
2015 Ford F250 Super Duty Lariat 4-Door Diesel
Triumph 170CC Center Console Bay Boat in tow

kebmw
Explorer
Explorer
If you put a paved slab with full hookups in your side yard for your RV and decide that if you ever sell in the future, it must be to an RV'er!! (because you can't bear to have it go to waste as a regular parking spot)

~Karin

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
If you choose your next home based on whether or not you can park your rig in the side yard...
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
when your Mother in Law comes over YOU go out in the RV

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
When your grown daughter buys "campfire" and "smores" candles at Bath & Body so her apartment smells like her childhood summers. (True story)
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

MonkeyCowboy
Explorer
Explorer
lrom wrote:
--And you actually think that non-campers will WANT to see your toy.
2002 Dutch Star 3852
2011 HHR
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
Blue Ox Patriot Brake System