Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bend, Oregon.... where to stay?

stevekk
Explorer
Explorer
Our first time to Bend.
Can you please give us an idea of a good place to stay.
We have a 23 foot MH.
Mainly need electric. Full service hookup OK.

And whats a "must see", for the Bend Area? THANKS..
8 REPLIES 8

stevekk
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks...
We stopped by Sisters Garden because of your post. What a neat place we will be staying there next visit to Bend.

Next we drove thru Sisters Oregon.
Whats with the BACKWARD parallel parking on the street? How strange looking.

Thanks everybody for all the comments.

Biggyniner
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't mind travelling down the road 15 minutes I recommend Sisters Garden RV resort, one of the highest rated RV parks in the state.

Click Here

Otherwise if you can get by without hook-ups, any campground on any of the Lakes off the Cascade Lakes Highway. It is the highway that leads to Mt. Bachelor from Bend. This area is some of the most scenic and beautiful areas of the State. I grew up camping up there and they are forest service campgrounds that are usually roomy enough for long rigs. Wherever you stay in Central Oregon you are sure to love it.

If you enjoy a good brew check out one of the many awesome breweries in Bend!

Chris
Chris (KD7WZW)
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus M-32IP

stevekk
Explorer
Explorer
thanks everyone.
We are current at the LaPine State Park. Not bad campsite. Next to river and was only $26 full hookup. Pretty full, but still has open spots.
We want to check out the Thousand Trails in Sunriver, since we have a chance to buy a used membership.
And we are thinking about staying at Crown Villa in Bend tonight.
Anything in the city of Bend to see or shop? We will be going to Costco.

Plus...Will have to check out those other recommended place to visit, recommended by you all.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to un-hinge your wallet...try Crown Villa Resort.
Many RV parks call themselves, "Resort." We have stayed here a couple of times and it is really a RESORT.

link...CLICK HERE.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
If you REALLY want something fun, go up to Newberry Crater (south of Bend) and camp out at the campgrounds around East Lake or Paulina Lake. There's also lots of camping around Wikiup Reservoir (west of LaPine).....we were up there on Saturday and so many empty camp spots. You won't have trouble with the size of your rig.

If you want a full hookup, north of LaPine is Cascade RV park. Not very interesting as far as amenities and view, but easy access off Hwy 97
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tumalo state park is just west of town. But this time of year getting into any state park without reservations is next to impossible. There is a privare park ysed to be KOA east of Sisters that is pretty nice. As for shat to do? Search the forums. There are lots of duscussions on things to places to see already.

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Timalo SP is nice. See all of the parks Here.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
LaPine State Park south of Bend is very nice with full hookups.

Recommend the High Desert Museum and Newberry National Volcanic Monument are not to miss
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks