Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family from Texas in Ohio

kandratya
Explorer
Explorer
Hi!
We're going to make a short trip from Texas to Ohio. We leave on February 1 plan to return on March 1. We go on our camper. Who is with us? Our photo and campers photos attached. We will be pleased to find friends to travel.
***Link Removed***
14 REPLIES 14

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
I have lived in North East Ohio for 64 Years.. November to April is only for Eskimos, Great Northern Canadians.. Or us less than Smart Ohio people..

February is by far the Worse for Winter.. Coldest (sub-zero "F").. Snowiest.. Icy roads...

sometimes the weather is so bad.. the ski slopes are closed..

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
atreis wrote:
This thread is beyond weird

Yep. Seriously, who goes to Ohio to see winter? This is bizarre.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
This thread is beyond weird, but just pointing out - there are several state parks in OH (and IN) that stay open year round. Most have no water and only pit toilets. You'd have trouble staying in a European caravan.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Florida ? ?
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

kandratya
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
There are reports this morning of a new polar vortex setting up for the Midwest in the next few weeks. You could cause serious damage to that rig due to frozen pipes and tanks.

Where will you plan on parking it. There are few if any RV parks open in Ohio in February. Without electricity and heat, you'll likely be miserable.

I just got back from Ohio myself. We decided to use hotels and leave the RV at home.

Oh, God! We just wanted to go to be in real beautiful winter. The rain and wind wasn't in our plans. What to do? Advise please, where do we go!

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Another picture of the couple with their child.

Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
KID2TEXAS wrote:
Phishing for e-mails maybe..wording and photos dont match up, photos of a UK caravan, link is to a truck site in Europe and just joined today. maybe I guess to much...

I noticed that also, not sure what to think.

KID2TEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
Phishing for e-mails maybe..wording and photos dont match up, photos of a UK caravan, link is to a truck site in Europe and just joined today. maybe I guess to much...
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Amarillo Special Edition 4 X 4 & 6.0 PSD,
2015 Columbus 320 RS
Me, a Wife and two crazy kids that are to cool to go anymore :B
Golf cart that matches the Amarillo truck.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
February is a very very bad month to travel in Ohio.

You will find temperatures far below freezing, snow, sleet, rain and wind. You will not find any RV parks open. You will not be able to keep your tanks and water lines from freezing.

I strongly recommend you do not travel to Ohio in February with a RV.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
There are reports this morning of a new polar vortex setting up for the Midwest in the next few weeks. You could cause serious damage to that rig due to frozen pipes and tanks.

Where will you plan on parking it. There are few if any RV parks open in Ohio in February. Without electricity and heat, you'll likely be miserable.

I just got back from Ohio myself. We decided to use hotels and leave the RV at home.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
we live in northeast ohio feb can be real nasty. happy travels.

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure you want to do this? You will have a frozen mass in tow and unlikely find any RV parking beyond Walmart etc. You will need a port-a-potty because you will not have any on board water services.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. What a lovely looking trailer (caravan). It looks like a European design - are you from Europe and visiting North America to do some touring?

Is there a really good reason you are planning a stay in Ohio for February?
Ohio will be cold and snowy and there will not be a lot of campgrounds open with full facilities. The month of May or later would be a better time to visit.
During the winter months it would be more enjoyable to stay further south and enjoy some warm temperatures.

Just my thoughts
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.
Interesting TT, who builds it?