cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First trip planned

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to the KOA in Richmond/Gardiner/Augusta ME on May 10 & 11. Great deal, one night free. It will be the first trip in our 28' TT we purchased last fall. Just didn't have time to get out before it was too cold.

We have plenty of experience with RVs. We lived in one for close to a year while the house was under construction, then had one on a seasonal lot near the house a few seasons ago. But this will be our first out and back for a weekend. Only an hour or so from home, and 15 minutes from a Wally World in case we forget, ooops, need anything.

The DW wanted to just do a boondock at WM, but I suggested at least having shore power for the first trip would be nice....
Lena - 02 Yukon XL Denali
TT - Wilderness 29L
6 REPLIES 6

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
Overall the trip went well. Highly recommend the campground.

No major issues but the AC isn't working. But everything else is fine. Planning another trip in a couple weeks. Maybe Bar Harbor next time.

Really the only thing we forget was a small ladder and travel mugs to keep the coffee warm when sitting outside.
TT - Wilderness 29L

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
Got the awning figured out. Downloaded the instructions off Dometic's web site. Very nice awning, works great.
TT - Wilderness 29L

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
All set up here. Lena pulled her nicely.

Can't figure out to open the darn Dometic awning......
TT - Wilderness 29L

stitchinsue
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun!

GMT830
Explorer
Explorer
I dont think she will be much for boondocking without a generator.....Going to keep my eyes peeled for a Honda.
TT - Wilderness 29L

prier5
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea but if your wife really wants to boondock a trip to a national forest camp ground would be far more satisfying then a wally world camp site:)