cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

great cooler but a question also

sweetnoni
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new cooler this year at Walmart, called Extreme by Coleman. It kept ice for 8 days without adding anything to it. Of course I put in food from the freezer and didn't open but once a day to get our day's supply. great product!
now my question- WE have purchased a new TT that only has a mini frig, and I need a squat container to keep milk in. 1/2 or gallon I'm not picky. Any suggestions. Have looked high and low and am coming up empty. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Our fridge has a hole already built into the rack with a nice finished look that allows a half gallon to stand through it nicely.

Maybe you can find one of those to fit your fridge?

sweetnoni
Explorer
Explorer
To Roy Ken,
DH must be on the right track, that was his idea also, Thanks for the confirmation!

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
With all the different racks and trays that are in RV fridges the best thing would be to take measurements and check them in the store. I like RoyB's idea of snipping out a few rods for a fit this would also help preventing tip overs.

We have 2 of the extreme coolers. The one without wheels does better the the wheeled model. Locally the GFS (Gordons Food Service) has dry ice for sale. They have a cooler just inside the door. It had me wondering how long dry ice would keep things in my extreme.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use the 5-day COLEMAN COOLER as well. We fill up the bottom with several bags of ice and leave enogh room on the top of the ice for a plastic storage box with lid. This is where we keep things that we don't want to get water logged...

Like you we only open the top to get things usually once or twice a day..

They do as they are advertized...

We too have the small cabinet height fridge...

I also have a 120VAC/12VDC dorm type fridge that just fits our front deck height wise on the OFF-ROAD POPUP camper. If we are going to do some long stays somewhere will bring this fridge along to help out for cold storage of things...

My 5-day cooler sits in the tailgate end of my truck for easy access when needed... Having the fold-a-cover hard plastic bed cover really helps out keeping the cooler always shaded and not sitting in the hot sun.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I modified one side of the fridge tray to allow the standard milk carton to fit. Only had to cut out a couple of round rod material from the tray...

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

smokedummy
Explorer
Explorer
We wash and re-use a clear plastic juice container that fits the rack in the fridge door. That's how we carry milk with us. I guess it's about a half a gallon size.
2012 Skyline Mountain View Retro 140, 16'.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
You need something to keep milk cool, but not freeze in your cooler?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not quite understanding your issue.........need?

Are you saying milk won't fit in fridge and/or cooler and you want something else?

:H
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31