cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problems with past RV Parks you've stayed at?

SkyWriting
Explorer
Explorer
Over the course of the last 12 months, what has been your most consistent present problem?
46 REPLIES 46

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
Barking dogs

Loud outside TV's and Music

This. We also stayed at a cg where the neighbor left his exceedingly bright scare light on all night and thought it was ok to have his dog Poop all around our trailer.

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my park. From the other side, our troubles WERE , in no order, with late arrivals that cant park, quieting the party, people driving on grass, bringing unapproved firewood, noise ( voices, music, trucks) during quiet hours, forgetting time changes, so ringing officebell an hour early or late, babies without swim diapers and dogs in pool. Damage, abuse of free provided sports equipment, those who do not read the info for wifi log in, or CATV hookup, even when we bring a test tv set or ipad to their site and show them the wifi is good, CATV is good, so sorry, it must be something with your equipment. Cutting weiner sticks from camp trees and shrubs, trash in firerings, barking dogs left in the rig, theft of backflow preventers( pity that guy that thinks he scooped a regulator) Trash in recycling bins, sewage spills, leaking hoses, both types, A/C on with windows open, dog poop, even poor reviews about wildlife poo along hiking trails, , tree sap, pine cones falling on the roof, lawsuits and medical claims ( never won by them) for injury or illness for their own actions or tripping over a natural hazard while drunk.

My point is so many faults are attributed to the private camps that are beyond their control, yet are expected by many to maintain social order as it exists around their home. Some People go camping to get out of that regimen. My pity is for those who little time off work have to schedule late arrival, early departure, with no time between to just hang out.

People behave better in state and fed parks because the hosts wear official uniforms and have authority to enforce.
Few private camp owners last more than 5 years. The burnout from long hours, a demanding public, staffing, regulations, takes away all the romantic vision. Only someone who approaches this industry as a business with a thick skin lasts.

Oh Yeah, cut that tree limb under 14' We lasted 19years.

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
MarkTwain wrote:
RV parks advertise they have WIFi service but what they don't tell you is that their WIFI service is the cheapest and slowest service they can buy! The service is so slow that it is useless and you rarely get connected and frequently your web site is dropped. :(:(:(:(

I stayed at a park last summer that had only enough wifi to send an email or possibly look up something. For an extra $5 a day, they gave you a password that was only good for one device. It gave you enough to do most anything you might want to do in your camper. If you wanted more than one device, you had to pay an additional charge. You could get 10 passwords for $40 I believe it was. This isn't a bad set up. Instead of charging everyone who doesn't want wifi, the ones that do pay the extra. That way they cant complain it isn't there, it just costs a bit more. I think more rv parks should set up something like this.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
RV parks advertise they have WIFi service but what they don't tell you is that their WIFI service is the cheapest and slowest service they can buy! The service is so slow that it is useless and you rarely get connected and frequently your web site is dropped. :(:(:(:(

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I stay almost exclusivity at Public camp grounds and can't think of a particular
problem - most have a lots of space between sites, don't tolerate anti-social
behaviour and are very clean/tidy;

The only negative that comes to mind is that in NJ, the state park facilities
are becoming run down - in Delaware it's exactly the opposite.
Gerry

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
The biggest problem I have is with RV parks that are just an RV park no matter the rules BUT they advertise they are a "RV RESORT" just so they can charge more money for their average or below park.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
cougar28 wrote:
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

And becoming a bigger problem. Now with just about every RV having a outside entertainment center everyone gotta turn it up so everyone else hears it. Our only camp out this year had to ask the neighbor to turn it down. They were playing some modern rock music with really foul language
and that thump thump bass sound that vibrate!

Yep, I know. I now bring a portable radio. Put it under the RV, blast it towards the neighbor. Go inside, watch TV.

They don't like it, they get the message and turn their noise off!

Whatever idiot came up with putting TV's and speakers outside needs to be โ€ฆ. well, I can't say here.

Another park I was at the TV was blasting and nobody outside! They were all inside.

Quite frankly put that in the rules to "ban" all that noise.

Should be use headphones only. That noise travels far. No one wants to hear it.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
I dont get it. I love trees but that big oak on the corner has been hit 50 times.
My experience is that this is the number one problem in ANY park.

At the check-in gate of my winter park there used to be a tree hanging directly over the roadway at about 13' high. I had to make a sharp turn to miss it. After a couple years of my bitching about it, they finally trimmed it back completely away from the road.

There's another road in this park where they insist on leaving branches hanging over the roadway. They're just high enough to clear my a/c, but barely.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ll expand on the trees not trimmed trimmed comment.

Call me crazy but RV parks exist to facilitate campers in often big, long and tall RVs.

SO GET RID OF TREES THAT BLOCK CORNERS AND MAKE IT HARD TO LOCATE YOUR RV IN YOUR SITE!!

I dont get it. I love trees but that big oak on the corner has been hit 50 times.
CUT IT DOWN.

Every owner/manager should drive a 40โ€™ DP thru their campground once a year.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

cougar28
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:

And becoming a bigger problem. Now with just about every RV having a outside entertainment center everyone gotta turn it up so everyone else hears it. Our only camp out this year had to ask the neighbor to turn it down. They were playing some modern rock music with really foul language
and that thump thump bass sound that vibrate!
2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
what irked me greatly was their rules had a disparagement clause saying the campers could not say anything negative about the park.
My regular winter park has wifi, but, it works only near the office. When guests check in, the clerks don't bother to say that, they just leave customers with the impression it works all over the park.

One day I was in the office listening to their error by omission speech to a new arrival. It was darn difficult to keep my mouth shut. It's just not right for them to lie.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think only parks that have a history of bad reviews feel the need for such a policy. โ€œSay anything negative about the parkโ€ to whom? To the staff, owner, other guests?

I DO agree if a customer is being a butt repeatedly to the point of whipping the proverbial dead horse they should be asked to leave.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
I stayed at a nice RV park last week and it was a very nice park. But what irked me greatly was their rules had a disparagement clause saying the campers could not say anything negative about the park. I don't think they could sue you for saying something negative, if it's true, but all the same I would rather stay somewhere else that does not have such an extreme rule. Negative and false = bad. Negative and true - we still have freedom of speech.
I would assume something similar exists at almost all RV parks and businesses in general. "If you don't like it here, please leave." is our policy. And should a guest push the issue too far, we will move on from politely requesting to firmly insisting they leave.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Trees not trimmed.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I stayed at a nice RV park last week and it was a very nice park. But what irked me greatly was their rules had a disparagement clause saying the campers could not say anything negative about the park. I don't think they could sue you for saying something negative, if it's true, but all the same I would rather stay somewhere else that does not have such an extreme rule. Negative and false = bad. Negative and true - we still have freedom of speech.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV