cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TIRED OF CAMPING

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Seems we have had a run of bad luck this summer with noisey drunk neighbors. Last trip out we had to camp next to a group with outside TV & stereo which we had to listen to til 1 am. I felt bad for the camp hosts and only talked to them once. They could not put drunks out on the road. I was nice as I could be when talking to the noise makers. They just did not care. My family planned on early morning hike which did not happen. We packed it in and came home. Just sick of the lack of consideration for others.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)
29 REPLIES 29

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Crabbypatty wrote:
Depends on the park, most have good security or good owners who evict the bad ones. Never hesitate to call them when you run into rude people. Chances are they are bothering more than just you!

Totally agree on this point, the better campgrounds/rv parks will have "enforced policy's and security". This is way I pay to go to these types of places. The risk is much less of a problem camper and if so , 1 call to the office and let them deal with the trouble makers.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
2112 wrote:
HadEnough wrote:
Tom N wrote:
The "me too" & "entitlement mentality" generation.

Which, in reality is every generation after the Greatest Generation.
You guys obviously have NO IDEA what"Me Too" is about

Now that is funny.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Explorer II
Explorer II
HadEnough wrote:
Tom N wrote:

You guys obviously have NO IDEA what "Me Too" is about
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Consideration is not only sometimes learned late in life, it is also often forgotten later in life. My Dad was notorious for being inconsiderate of others as he got older.

Larry-D I agree. I know there are things I did in my adulthood that would drive me crazy now if I had to witness someone else doing now. I try to remember what it was like at that age and cut folks some slack.

I also realize that I am a pretty solitary camper and therefore quiet. But I have relatives who camp as a big family and enjoy themselves. So I try to think of other campers as if they were my relatives - would I be upset if THEY were laughing and playing cards at 9 pm - no. So I don't stress over someone else doing it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting how as we get older stuff that didn't use to bother us when we were younger or may have even participated in now we can't stand.

Not trying to diss anyone, just find it interesting. I know I'm guilty of that transition.

What I'm trying to understand is that in a campground that can be walked fully around/through in 5 minutes there's constant 4-wheeler, golf cart, ATV traffic.

hbrady
Explorer
Explorer
We typically listen to music on our Bluetooth speaker outdoors (not loud), play cards, cook, eat, laugh and have fun BUT at 9pm we wind it down and turn off the outside lights.

On our last trip my DW went to bed and I decided to pull my zero gravity chair up to the campfire until it died down. Next thing I know it's 1am and I wake up with a sore throat. I know I was snoring up a storm and instantly thought 'oh no, I hope I didn't keep any neighbors up'.

Consideration for others is something you learn, unfortunately some learn it later in life than others.
2015 RAM 2500 HD Crew Cab w/ 5.7L Gas
2018 SportTrek 290vik
Blue Ox SwayPro

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the park, most have good security or good owners who evict the bad ones. Never hesitate to call them when you run into rude people. Chances are they are bothering more than just you!
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Don't despair. Just a lousy neighbor, one time. Luck of the draw sometimes.

Get yourself some gospel tracts, and next time this happens go over and hand out tracts and ask them if they love Jesus. I bet they shape up pretty quickly. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Tiger4x4RV wrote:
It might help the situation if RV manufacturers would stop installing outdoor speakers, TV's, and kitchens on their products.
I happen to like my outside stereo/speakers, occasionally plug in a TV outside, and I LOVE cooking outdoors on my portable sink, grille, griddle, etc. However, I also have the courtesy and common sense to NOT have the stereo or TV up loud enough to bother others, and I respect quiet time. And I'm not sure what an outdoor kitchen has to do with anything in this thread, but OK? Anyway, it's not the equipment that is the problem, it's the users.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tom/Barb wrote:
Arm your self, and learn to Boondock way out back where the goonies have yet to find..

EXACTLY what I do and how I play it. Only thing walks through my campsite is an ocasional deer after we go to bed.

People aren't intentiionaly rude today. We live in a 'me' society so they think enroaching on your space is perfectly fine.

I don't like people and I don't like noise. Why I live in the middle of nowhere and camp the same.

I think last time I went to a 'paid' campground was 20- years ago. people assume falsely that if they pay for a camp space it gives them the right to do as they please without any regard for other people.

Don't work that way with me. If for some odd reason I had to camp in a sardine can campground and someone get stupid, I'd probably tune them up real quick.

So, I don't.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have found that if I pick my campgrounds carefully, I don't have these issues.

Things I consider:

How many double sites in the campground. The more there are, the more they cater to groups and the louder it will be.

Facilities at the campground. If there are showers, boat ramp, playground, etc., then it's likely to be louder.

Proximity to large urban area. If it's close to urban areas, it is much more likely to get partyers. Further out into nowhere and it is usually much quieter.

Boat/PWC access. If it caters to water skiers and jet skis, it is more likely to be loud. If it only allows non-motorized boats, it will be quieter.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
That really sucks and we have been most fortunate to have that happen only 3 or 4 times in about 40 years of camping. If it's that bad it seems that whoever is managing the campground would have the authority to demand better behavior and/or call the police but I know that's not the case in all campgrounds. It helps to avoid holidays, urban areas and campgrounds that appeal to party people rather than "real campers". Also avoid camping where there is a festival nearby. Better luck in the future.
Jayco-noslide

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Arm your self, and learn to Boondock way out back where the goonies have yet to find..
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Tom N wrote: