cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heaven Acquired a New Angel Calvin's Gift

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
My boy's at peace, and playing with his big sister Harlee. NDSDF Adoption Approved; 07/07/2009 Arrived; 07/10/2009 to 04/05/2017

Pops
67 REPLIES 67

pookiebear38
Explorer
Explorer
Tears! Hugs for you. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Me, DH, DD21, Elliott & Abby (dogs) and Mary Jane (cat)
2007 Crossroads Cruiser CF30SK
2011 Chevrolet 2500 HD

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
RIP Calvin, you were loved by many.

Very nice, straight to the heart! Thanks! It sure doesn't make it easier to catch this thing called sleep, though!

Pops

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
RIP Calvin, you were loved by many.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
jake2250 wrote:
So sorry the hear, My heart is heavy with Calvins loss. God rest his soul he was a good boy!

wandering bark wrote:
Been following the kid's story and yours for quite a while, and this news brought tears and prayers for you and your loss. My 70-lb standard poodle "kid" came over distressed at my reaction, which of course made it more painful 'cuz I know someday... Please know Calvin will be remembered here as well. I hope you'll begin to have comfort again in your days and nights. -The Wandering Bark, and poodle crew

Thank you very much for you thoughts and prayers. Presently, the only thing that's been very illusive, is sleep. I cannot believe this thing called sleep, can be so hard to catch.

Pops

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry the hear, My heart is heavy with Calvins loss. God rest his soul he was a good boy!

wandering_bark
Explorer
Explorer
Been following the kid's story and yours for quite a while, and this news brought tears and prayers for you and your loss. My 70-lb standard poodle "kid" came over distressed at my reaction, which of course made it more painful 'cuz I know someday... Please know Calvin will be remembered here as well. I hope you'll begin to have comfort again in your days and nights. -The Wandering Bark, and poodle crew

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I really appreciate the thoughts about the boy.

Pops

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
So very sorry for your loss.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry, Pops. You've made Calvin a part of all our lives. We will miss him, too. God bless you and Ma.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much, everyone! I will say, catching this thing called sleep has been tough, that's for certain.

I called Martin & MacArthur over on the Big Island. Ordered a hand made Koa Wood Keepsake Box, by Bobby Yamauchi, one of the wood artisans / craftsman from Honolulu. I'll surprise DOC with it when it arrives next week.

I also called the NDSDF this afternoon, to let them know of our boy's passing. Send a few photos to them as well.

It sure is quiet around here, now that the kid's gone!

Thanks again!

Pops

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Well Pops we are sorry for your loss and offer our prayers and condolences. We lost one of our pets a while ago and still experience sadness when we see that breed. I am sure you have some good memories and those help.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm stunned, Pops. Calvin is part of our crew here. Sending heartfelt prayers and condolences. I know he's romping in heaven but that doesn't make it any easier.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is indeed sad news! From all of us "doggie" people to another "doggie" person I offer our sincere Condolences. As with so many, I know how much the "kids" mean to you and I share in your grief and Yes, with tears in my eyes, I say God Bless you for having such a big heart!
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Dashonthedash
Explorer
Explorer
What a shock. Calvin was such a big part of your life and this Forum. Rest in peace, Calvin. You will be missed.
Gary Shapiro
Shadow - 7-year-old Greyhound (aka Shadow Ninja)
Hannah - 4-year-old GSD rescue (aka the Canine Tornado)
Max, Dash (GSDs), Willow, Dot, Allan, Lily (Greyhounds), and Molly(GSD Mix), at the Bridge and in my heart forever
2011 G'town 280DS Class A

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your lost.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ