cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I was thinking, Calvin takes so many pills daily ...

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
... he'll give any senior a run fur their money. One pill he takes, cost a buck a pill, and he takes two a day. Anyone got a dog like that? Or am I special.

Pops n' the mangy Wabbits
16 REPLIES 16

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
My senior boxer that I rescued from the pound last summer, has arthritis in his shoulders. Currently, he's on Metacam ($110/month), fish oil, and a joint supplement. He's still showing lameness, so I imagine he'll be ready to move on to adequan, an injectable, at his next checkup later this month. This is even pricier, I hear...
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
rwj146 wrote:
Your love and dedication for Calvin do indeed make you 'Special'. In the good way.

Thanks! ...

Pops

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
rwj146 wrote:
Your love and dedication for Calvin do indeed make you 'Special'. In the good way.

Well, that's the truth, and nobody can put a price tag on that kind of friend. :B
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
AZPops wrote:
... he'll give any senior a run fur their money. One pill he takes, cost a buck a pill, and he takes two a day. Anyone got a dog like that? Or am I special.

Pops n' the mangy Wabbits

We have a cat like that :R
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

rwj146
Explorer
Explorer
Courage is endurance for one moment moreโ€ฆ
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
AZPops wrote:
dspencer wrote:
AZPops wrote:
dspencer wrote:
Special wasn't quite the word I was thinking Pops..:W
I feel for you buddy, we had a senior dog that was on medication a few years ago and it was like $100 a month but we lost him to heart disease.

Sorry for your loss Doug. Well, at least I don't feel alone on this one. Now, what was the word you where thinking bout? ... :B

Pops

Pops this is a family forum :B By the way how is the boy doing these days?

He's doing OK, Doug. Thanks for asking about the boy. Still keeping tabs on his liver enzyme counts, and will be checking his titer counts again at the end of the month.

Pops

That's great to hear, sounds like those wascally wabbits are keeping him young and fit.

Keeping him fit? ... All he does is looks at us.

Mangy, um, I mean, us desert Wabbits

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
AZPops wrote:
dspencer wrote:
AZPops wrote:
dspencer wrote:
I feel for you buddy, we had a senior dog that was on medication a few years ago and it was like $100 a month but we lost him to heart disease.

Sorry for your loss Doug. Well, at least I don't feel alone on this one. Now, what was the word you where thinking bout? ... :B

Pops

He's doing OK, Doug. Thanks for asking about the boy. Still keeping tabs on his liver enzyme counts, and will be checking his titer counts again at the end of the month.

Pops

That's great to hear, sounds like those wascally wabbits are keeping him young and fit.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
AZPops wrote:
dspencer wrote:

Pops

Pops

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
We just cut a trip short because Charlie couldn't walk and was panting all day and night. We took him to a vet that said if you don't take him to a hospital he will probably die. We put him in the X hooked up the TT and drove home to our vet.
Long story short he is on 3 meds because he has congenital heart failure. His heart was so big he had no room to breathe, he sat up for almost 3 days. Meds started Saturday he ate food monday and is breathing 28 times a min as opposed to 60 last Thursday and Friday.

We lost our Rosie to congestive heart failure last year. It seemed to come on so suddenly, she was panting a lot, had x-rays and her heart literally filled her chest. The vet said there was nothing we did to cause it, it's just hereditary. We had thought a mutt would be less likely to have that kind of thing happen, but it doesn't work that way. I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Yikes, Charlie take 6 prescription pills a day, Tramadol, Gabapentin & Vetprofen for pain.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Same boat...Bladder cancer. 4 pills a day and Rx diet at $100 for 27 lbs. Six surgeries for skin cancer...He still wags his tail ๐Ÿ™‚ Worth every penny!!!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We just cut a trip short because Charlie couldn't walk and was panting all day and night. We took him to a vet that said if you don't take him to a hospital he will probably die. We put him in the X hooked up the TT and drove home to our vet.
Long story short he is on 3 meds because he has congenital heart failure. His heart was so big he had no room to breathe, he sat up for almost 3 days. Meds started Saturday he ate food monday and is breathing 28 times a min as opposed to 60 last Thursday and Friday.

I guess I should have said congestive hart failure.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please don't feel alone...one of our Cavalier's is on three heart med's, thyroid med's and she has IBD which she takes Tylan for along with an occasional allergy med. What we won't do for our "kids"!!! ๐Ÿ™‚
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
AZPops wrote:
dspencer wrote:

Pops