cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Louie is here to stay (of course)

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
I have received a few private messages and e-mails about how our newest rescued dog is doing. You know I said we were taking him on a "trial basis"... well that trial ended about three hours after his foster mom brought him to us.

He and Bella LOVE each other. They play & sleep together, as well as gnaw on and groom each other. Having a playmate is a good thing.

Here are some pictures:

Our Louie Lou:

The night he arrived:

Louie & Bella after his first trip to our groomer. She said he is a "dream to groom" just like Bella. Good boy Louie!

Last one.... me with a lap full of dogs on that same first night :B

Yes, I believe it was meant to be. Louie has a touch of separation anxiety that we are working on. We purchased a new larger wire crate that he and Bella stay in while I am at my part time job. He runs right in with her every morning. It seems to help that he has her with him and I think she enjoys the company.

Our vet says he has healed nicely from his eye removal, neuter and hernia surgeries. His remaining eye is healthy so there shouldn't be any issues with that in the near future.

Louie has found his forever home. I know now why his foster mom cried so hard when she left him. She got him through all his medical issues and had him for almost 4 months, no doubt she was as much in love with him as I am. Thank goodness for social media, she enjoys keeping up with us that way now.

If you made it this far, thanks. Can you tell we all love our newest addition? :W

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.
19 REPLIES 19

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Yay!!
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, thanks for sharing. They look like real buds.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Man that's really great to hear! Congrats to all of you!

Lance and Calvin

PS you wouldn't want to foster a Lab / Mix with a picky eater sindrone would you?

Just kidding Calvin! ... :B:B:B

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
God bless you for rescuing him.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Awww, what a great update. I'm so glad they've already become BFFs!
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI