cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Meet our new camping dog!

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Day 1 home! Oh she is a cute little 10 week old! starting the joys of crate training. We hope to have her onboard for camping this summer! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)
19 REPLIES 19

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did not have any issue house training Sawyer, he had one accident. I had the luxury of being home with him. I took him out every two hours and told him what a good boy he was when he went. Sasha was a little more work even though I took her out every two hours she would start playing with Sawyer and not taking care of business. She would then come in and start to go on the rug which ment a loud hand clap to get her attention and take her back outside. By the forth day she had it down. Sawyer helped as well Sasha would follow him out the dog door whenever he went out

The Hoover steam vac came in handy.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
House training - young, takes time. I love the name Gracie, always a favorite of mine , if she gets a sister, Rosie comes to mind.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the name suggestions as many made the short list. Today we decided to name our dog Gracie

crate training so far is going better than expected, house training is still a work in progress. :C

Mike
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sheโ€™s a beautiful young lady. She looks like a Gypsy Rose to me: Gypsy for a traveler and Rose for her perfect beauty. Just saying.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
A dog that good deserves a dignified name.
My 16 yo Corgi is named Queen Victoria.
I like places names like Chelan, Tahoma and Sequoia.
Some names are just plain fun like my BC Ruby Begonia.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Piper.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I forgot to mention she's a sheltie. This will be #2 sheltie as our first passed away 5 yrs ago.

We still have not figured on a name, liked some of the suggestions! possibilities are Cinder & Dahlia but were open for more ideas! :C

Mike

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a great dog!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
She is a real beauty! I would have to name her Precious.

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
What a cutie!! May she have many happy camping adventures!
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BCSnob wrote:
Congrats on your new pack member.

I think the youngest weโ€™ve taken pups on trips was Pegโ€™s full litter at 6weeks of age.
I took Sawyer on a 3500 mile trip at 12 weeks of age. I had a 4 year old Collie that kept him company. I just stopped every two hours so he could potty.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Adorable! Have you named her yet? Cocoa or Fiona come to mind!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dturm
Very cute. Enjoy the puppy training.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

BCSnob
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new pack member.

I think the youngest weโ€™ve taken pups on trips was Pegโ€™s full litter at 6weeks of age.
Mark & Renee
Working Border Collies: Nell (retired), Tally (retired), Grant (semi retired), Lee, Fern & Hattie
Duke & Penny (Anatolians) home guarding the flock
2001 Chevy Express 2500 Cargo (rolling kennel)
2007 Nash 22M