cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Must See

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.dogheirs.com/misst/posts/4893-hidden-camera-catches-clever-beagle-stealing-chicken-nugget...

Discuss! This seems to me a rather advanced use of a tool.
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.
9 REPLIES 9

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
That was riot....Code2High, thanks for posting the video.

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
That's just a very food driven dog. They will do what it takes. We about died the time we walked away from leftover pizza and found tiny pup Poquita (about 3 lbs at the time) standing in the middle of the table snarfing down the toppings in double time. :E
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Smart doggie!

Our late dog learned a lot of self-taught tricks around age 10. She figured out how to jump up and open the front door latch, and paw open the other sliding screen door too. Then she'd head up the hill where construction workers at a new house site would leave lunch trash. Somehow those chicken bones never did her in. Neither did the chocolate mousse on paper plates she found in our post-party garbage and decorated the living room with.

I'm on the wait list for a Hearing Dog certified for public access. I have no doubt the dog will be smarter than we are.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
A long time ago, we had a Great Dane we had rescued. We went out, leaving a frozen loaf of sandwich bread to thaw on top of the refrigerator - near the back, no less. When we returned, there was no bread, no wrapper, no nothing...Dogs can do amazing things when properly motivated! Thankfully, the dog never got sick, nor did she get a blockage from ingesting the wrapper.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
When you own a smart dog...or when a smart dog owns you, these things happen. So cute!

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
Well . . . I've owned a beagle, so I can believe it. Their noses rule, and they'll go to great lengths to get food. I can only imagine how wonderful something like chicken nuggets must smell to them.

When we first adopted our beagle she was two years old. The house we lived in had no garbage disposal, and I'd thrown some leftover spaghetti and meat sauce in the trash and went to take a shower. The trash can was inside a cabinet and in a wire frame holder. She managed to open the cabinet door, get the trash can out of the cabinet and holder onto the kitchen floor, turn it over and eat the spaghetti while I was in the shower.

I do hope that oven wasn't actually on.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

DOTLDaddy
Nomad
Nomad
Code2High wrote:
...Discuss! This seems to me a rather advanced use of a tool.
I was thinking the exact, same thing as I watched him move the chair. ๐Ÿ™‚

Assuming that his caretaker did not previously teach him that trick, or something similar, then it certainly demonstrates a level of cognitive thinking that is a bit more advanced than "sit", "down" and "stay". ๐Ÿ˜›

I must say, however, that a really intelligent canine would learn to cover up any evidence!
:S:B

Walter & Garland - Camp Canine caretakers
Miss Inga (aka "Shorty") - 10 y.o. old GSD.
Gen. Gretchen - Joined Rainbow Div., June 27, 2017 at age 13
Gen. Missy - Joined Rainbow Div., June 11,2006 at age 12
2018 Montana HC305RL 5th wheel
2018 Silverado HD 6.0L

Code2High
Explorer
Explorer
Indeed!
susan

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a wabbit, Fuzzy Wuzzy had a dandelion habit! RIP little Wuz... don't go far.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
That's purtty funny Ms. Susan!

Calvin