cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pills, pills and more pills, ....Sheez-us-Christmas!

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Anonymous Jr. takes more pills then anyone I know!

Prior to each meal he takes; (x1) METOCLOPRAMIDE 10MG Tab, (x1) Pepsid, (x2) Wal-Finate Antisitamine Tabs (which works best of the x3 over the counter stuff and x1 of the prescription stuff as well).

Breakfast we add a; Milk Thistle 175mg tab

As well as a Prednisone 05mg tab when he's really itch'in (spring time, up to 4 times a month)!

That makes, hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, 2 + 2 + 4 + 1 = Hmmmmmmmmmmm, 10? ... No, 9 pills a day!

So how many pills does your dog take a day?

Anonymous
6 REPLIES 6

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Now that Ike is no longer with us - I find I have an extra half-hour or so in the mornings..... he got all sorts of extra supplements and a "special breakfast" (and then a "special dinner at night). All I do now is give Jack his glucosamine chew and Jimmy gets a piece of a treat just to keep things "fair".
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

MAC-a-roni
Explorer
Explorer
My Shih Tzu, Snowball, gets a teaspoon of EV olive oil on his food, since he's a picky eater. The EVOO keeps his skin from drying out so much after a bath.
I'm a happy camper, are you?:)

GulfStream StreamLite 28TRS (sold 11/30/2014)
2009 Ford F-150 Lariat, 5.4L, max tow pkg

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
nabi wrote:
Lance...I feel your pain...Bella required many meds..many many doses a day, at times I had to keep a chart to keep them all straight...between her meds, treatments and her feeds, my day was almost filled...how I ever managed to work also I'll never know LOL

sorry to hear your fellow is going thru some tough times...hope things settle down for him real soon.

Thanks, but this will be his daily regamine for the rest of days!

Pops

Pawz4me
Explorer
Explorer
MAC-a-roni, your Shih Tzu sounds like my Brittany before we got his allergies under control. The immunotherapy shots worked wonderfully for him. We did them for years before stopping (a couple of years ago) and so far no allergy symptoms have resurfaced. I hope they work as well for your dog.

I'm lucky, my dogs don't take a ton of stuff. My Brittany is 13 and arthritic, so he gets Rimadyl, fish oil, glucosamine/chondroitin and a Pepcid every day. The Shih Tzu is just a young 'un, so all he gets is a fish oil capsule.
Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

MAC-a-roni
Explorer
Explorer
Metrol every other day, 10mg, 5mg, 10mg, etc., plus 4cc intradermal injections of immunotherapy allergen anti-serum once a week, and a bath with anti-bacterial shampoo once a week.

He's a Shih Tzu with specific allergies. It took several trips to the Dermatologist to get him mostly comfy; here in S. Cal., allergy season in full swing, so he still itches, but nothing like he did before.

Issues prior to Dermatologist visit:

Atopic dematitis
Yeast infection of the ears
Yeast infection of the skin (bacterialogical)
Hot spots
Smelly coat within hours of a bath

Curing the yeast infection has been the most dramatic treatment for his itchiness (and smell). He still licks his feet, but I believe that is partially a reflex from boredom.

As an aside, he has shown no adverse side effects of the Metrol, just a slight increase in appetite. He doesn't mind the shots either. When it's time, he willingly jumps up on a piano bench, gets his shot, runs to the kitchen, then gets a treat. He tolerates the bath pretty well. When he's finished shaking off the water, he runs to where I have the hair dryer set up and waits.
I'm a happy camper, are you?:)

GulfStream StreamLite 28TRS (sold 11/30/2014)
2009 Ford F-150 Lariat, 5.4L, max tow pkg

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
Lance...I feel your pain...Bella required many meds..many many doses a day, at times I had to keep a chart to keep them all straight...between her meds, treatments and her feeds, my day was almost filled...how I ever managed to work also I'll never know LOL

sorry to hear your fellow is going thru some tough times...hope things settle down for him real soon.