cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RIP Little Ziggy

HTALLEN
Explorer
Explorer
My dear poodle Ziggy died today as a result of an oral squamous cell cancer. Her fight lasted 2 years..... and I am so blessed she lasted that long. The way she dealt with her cancer ( 2 major surgeries, 16 radiation treatments, chemo), and her early onset blindness was an inspiration to me as I dealt with my own Stage 4 prostate cancer, then a Stage 3 rectal cancer. She had a mischievous spirit like I've never seen in a dog....which is why she was fondly known as "the monster", e.g. many summers ago tomatoes in my garden kept disappearing and I thought it was a raccoon....nope.... I finally caught her one day pulling them off of the vine and devouring each and every one!!! My home feels empty.....my fight still goes on but without my best bud....I am heartbroken. RIP my little Monster
1997 Southwind 32 VS,Banks,SafeTPlus,Bilsteins,Henderson Trac Bar
3 maniac poodles..Mozart (RIP 10/6/10),Ziggymonster,Nickolas
Honda Civic
22 REPLIES 22

nana23
Explorer
Explorer
I am so sorry for your loss. I have followed you and Ziggy and hope she is busy playing with our Taz and Cody at the Bridge. Ours thoughts and prayers are with you as you continue your battle with that awful C. I know you will miss Ziggy but her spirit will be with you always.

Eileen
Don, Eileen and our 4-legged "kids"
Sophie, Riley and Tessa with
Taz and Cody waiting at the Rainbow Bridge and always in our hearts

USA_Traveler
Explorer
Explorer
So very sorry to hear about little Ziggy. Words can not mend a heart broken by the loss of a loved one, but remember to keep those wonderful memories alive and know that little Ziggy is in great company right now. RIP little Ziggy!
Cody Dillon & Chanel Dion (Maltese), Brandi (mix)
2007 40' Monaco Knight, towing a 2009 Pontiac G6 hardtop convertible
Chunky,Cassie,Corky,Cammie-Maltese at Rainbow Bridge
Tinky-Gray Tabbie - Rainbow Bridge

sher9570
Explorer
Explorer
So very sorry you have lost your Ziggy, sounds like she was quite a dog, but then most Poodles are quite loyal and focus on our needs. They are little sweethearts.

Sher
Doug & Sher
2006 HR Presidential 34'
2001 Ford Excursion 7.3

Lucy-"Red Fox" Lab...8/7-'07
Bubba,rescue Pom...4/1-2010
Csepki, rescue Poodle...9/15-2001

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
So sorry you lost your little Ziggy. She was loved and knew it and that is the most our pets want from us. Prayers for your continued fight with your own cancers. My DH was treated for prostate cancer 2 years ago. Thank God it had not spread. Thinking of you and praying. . .

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear,take comfort that you loved her a gave her a nice home,and she knew it.

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
So very Sorry for the loss of your Ziggy!

Lance and Calvin

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
HTALLEN wrote:
My dear poodle Ziggy died today as a result of an oral squamous cell cancer. Her fight lasted 2 years..... and I am so blessed she lasted that long. The way she dealt with her cancer ( 2 major surgeries, 16 radiation treatments, chemo), and her early onset blindness was an inspiration to me as I dealt with my own Stage 4 prostate cancer, then a Stage 3 rectal cancer. She had a mischievous spirit like I've never seen in a dog....which is why she was fondly known as "the monster", e.g. many summers ago tomatoes in my garden kept disappearing and I thought it was a raccoon....nope.... I finally caught her one day pulling them off of the vine and devouring each and every one!!! My home feels empty.....my fight still goes on but without my best bud....I am heartbroken. RIP my little Monster

What a powerful and touching story. She's not really gone, you know, just her tired, used up little body is absent. Every bit of her love and her fighting spirit is still with you and always will be. Nobody and nothing can ever take that away. Be strong. We understand.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

HTALLEN
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the kind comments. With all her health issues I was blessed to have her for 13 years. She died sleeping next to me during the night...while difficult... another blessing.
1997 Southwind 32 VS,Banks,SafeTPlus,Bilsteins,Henderson Trac Bar
3 maniac poodles..Mozart (RIP 10/6/10),Ziggymonster,Nickolas
Honda Civic

CatandJim
Explorer
Explorer
I am so sorry, I understand your recent loss all too well having just said "farewell" to one of ours. I'm so glad you had your dog by your side during your tough times. That does make it harder when it's their time to go. Please accept my condolences.

Rest well little Ziggy.

Cat

(Jim just reads the forum once in a while)

Our toys:
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3873
(picture on profile)
Boat = ProCraft Fish & Ski

Working our way toward retirement...wishing it was soon.

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Ziggy sounds like one of those one in a million dogs. Also I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your health problems. My brother is a Stage 4 Prostrate cancer survivor and doing great today. His was 8 years ago and he is 69 today.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm sorry for the loss of your fellow warrior. Prayers all round.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

nabi
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of you in your time of loss..Ziggy sounds like a very special doggie..sometimes I think we get the dogs that we need the most..the support you were able to provide for each other just doesn't happen by chance...hope you are doing ok in your fight with the dreaded " C " word..

kokosfriend
Explorer
Explorer
Dogs are such a blessing given to us by the Creator. That is why I feel they teach us how to live - and they teach us how to die. God bless you for the great live you gave her. I am dealing with chemo for a dog with Lymphoma. He just keeps on ticking.

Barb and the 4 chocolates
Barb and the 4 chocolates

RBak
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your great loss of Ziggy.

Rita & her fur pals