cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stray Pit Bull Adopts 2-Day-Old Kitten

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is one of those heart string stories.
The first night the two were apart, the staff said Pitty howled in despair. But she was thrilled to see her adopted baby when she was brought back for a visit the next morning, and smothered her little one with kisses. The clinic is now looking for someone to adopt the pair together. โ€”

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/stray-pit-bull-adopts-2-day-old-kitten?WT.mc_id=Outbrain;Pr...
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
10 REPLIES 10

dturm
I'm going to shut this down because it has devolved into something totally different than the original post.

I'm sorry for anybody who has suffered as the results of dog bites, I can personally attest to the pain involved, though my experiences has never been as serious as described above.

We all base our opinions on our life experiences and what ever influence we get from our society today. Often times that influence is designed with specific ends in mind and are skewed to try to achieve that goal.

We've had threads about aggressive dogs, breed restrictions, etc.; this isn't the place for it.
Doug & Sandy
Kaylee
Winnie 6 1/2 year old golden
2008 Southwind 2009 Honda CRV

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
Insurance companies know that Pit Bulls and Rottweilers are more apt to be involved in attacks than, say Shi-Tzus and Golden Retrievers, since there is statistical evidence, and their policies reflect that. Pit bulls were bred in England to fight other dogs to the death. They are genetically inclined to fight to the finish. While I concur that there are many seemingly gentle pit bulls, I don't believe they can be trusted. This is my opinion and I know I won't convince you pit bull lovers.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:
dspencer wrote:
bob213 wrote:
mockturtle wrote:
How sweet! Kissing a kitten today, mauling a child tomorrow.

Sad that you think that way, but like politics and religion, it's not worth arguing about as your mind will never be changed.
They are cute together, just as my cat and pit are.

You are absolutely correct bob213, some people just don't get it.
Ask my sister's granddaughter, four years old, if she 'gets it'. In October she was mauled by a pit bull and spent over a month in the hospital in Seattle, having several surgeries. She is home now but will need further surgeries. Oh, and it was their family dog.

I am truly sorry to hear about your sisters granddaughter however that statement is the same as saying if one human murdered someone all humans would do the same thing. You cannot lump all Pit Bulls or any one breed as being the same. My daughter has a Mini Pin that is terribly aggressive and isn't fit to be around anyone but my daughter but my grandmother had one that was the sweetest little dog you could ever ask for. In no way am I trying to lessen what happened in your family just stating facts.

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
dspencer wrote:
bob213 wrote:
mockturtle wrote:

Sad that you think that way, but like politics and religion, it's not worth arguing about as your mind will never be changed.

Ask my sister's granddaughter, four years old, if she 'gets it'. In October she was mauled by a pit bull and spent over a month in the hospital in Seattle, having several surgeries. She is home now but will need further surgeries. Oh, and it was their family dog.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
mockturtle wrote:

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
mockturtle wrote:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
How cool is that, oh wait that can't be. Pit Bulls are a danger to mankind NOT. Just the idiot owner's are. What a cool story around the Holidays.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. :C
I guess all Pit Bull's are not the blood thirsty killing machines as portrayed by many people.
And, maybe the animals are trying to tell us something?
Thanks for sharing.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
How sweet! They even match!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]