cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 Speed Fan Switch

joraz
Explorer
Explorer
My rig has a Kool-o-Matic ceiling fan along with its 2 speed temp control switch. I've always disliked the look of this switch and I never use the temp control so I'm looking for a wall mount 2 speed 12 volt switch but not having any luck. Anyone have a source for my switch? Thanks. Here's what I have now.
jor

09 LazyDaze
5 REPLIES 5

joraz
Explorer
Explorer
I've found a few suitable switches at the suggested vendors (on-off-on). A toggle would work of I can find a suitable mounting location. Thanks.
jor
09 LazyDaze

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you wish to replace the switch......

First you need to know what kind, Mostlikely spdt or dpdt, possibly center off

(on-off-on type, not (on)-off-(On) type) (The on in prens means momentary)

Most Electronics suppliers will have this type of switch but be careful. I have seen switches rated at "20 amps" in places like Radio Shack where .. Well, 2 amps might be closer to what I'd trust 'em at.

On the other hand the ones I got at the kind of store Joe's TV shops at or Phil's Electronics or .. Well I have a friend who is an electronics Manufacturer and he likely shops there.

They can do 20 amps all day and not sweat.

(They also cost like 20 bucks a pop).

THey have an assortment of styles and so on as well. Mine are basic toggles.

WIth a basic toggle you can get a wall plate at Lowes, Home Depot, Joe's hardware (Any hardware) et-al which is designed for an antenna connector (But does not have the connector already installed) You may need to slightly enlarge the hole (or not) and you can use it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

joraz
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmm... I thought I would easily locate a nice readymade enclosure and switch but the suggestion of using my switch with another enclosure might be the ticket. I'll check it out. Thanks to you both.
jor
09 LazyDaze

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Use the switch you have and get a bezel for the switch only.

Grainger
Delcity
Westmarine
Rvplus
Cloe Hersee has them in their catalog and our local NAPA sells Cole Hersee. Look for SPDT

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
You can buy a slide or rocker switch easily enough but figuring how to encase and mount it is a different story.

Even if you removed the existing switch, how to mount it?

Are you looking for just a switch or one already in an enclosure?

Added thought. Maybe a toggle switch and mount it in a regular wall type switch box and standard faceplate that has a center hole like a cable TV outlet.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter