Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

LPG Filler advice please

HiI am bringing my UK A Class to the US. I have an underslung 90 litre LPG tank which I fill using a series of screw in adaptors depending on which European country I am in.Can anyone tell me if there is a standard adaptor for US and Canada which i...

ceejayt by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding a heat strip to a Ducted A/C Unit...

.... sounds simple enough, but I got to thinking about this and concluded I bet it won't work.... so correct me if I'm wrong.Ducted A/C in my rig (and most others I've seen) are tied to the thermostat on the wall, much like a home T-stat, which contr...

A/C Fan

I have a Cummins 370 with the Sauer Danfuss (sp) hydraulic radiator fan switch. When the dash A/C is turned on, the radiator fan does not start, consequently the condenser overheats and a visible cloud of Freon escapes. Has anyone experienced this an...

Encore by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Installing roof snow/ de-icing heat cables on roof...?

I am going to install roof snow/ de-icing heat cables on a portion of roof that is prone to ice damming. The repeating WWWWW pattern at the eave overhang makes sense, but what about the valley?I have a 4/12 pitch, 6'-0 on one side and 20'-0" on the...

d3500ram by Explorer III
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Dicor sealant question

I purchased 4 gallons of the Dicor roof sealer and two quarts of the activator prewash. When I put the first coat of sealant on, it said 125 sqaure feet coverage per gallon. I have a 8 X 32 foot roof which is 256 Square feet so I would suspect that...

tarp over a motorhome?

We live in the rainy northwest and we see tarps over the roofs of some RVs.Good idea?As it blocks the roof vents we heard it would cause mold etc.Is this the right part of the forum to ask this question?Thanks all

anon125 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

strange refridg problem

Our dometic rm362 (antique,I know) works just fine on 110v or propane when we are parked, but when we start driving, using propane, the temperature will get as high as 75 or 80 degrees internally. when we stop, temp goes back down again either propan...

Rhodri by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Vacuum Cleaner Frustration ARRRGGGHHH!!!

I've been searching to no avail. A hundred twenty volt AC power small vacuum cleaner than has a hose. And powerful enough to clean carpets in the toad. In which it will be packed. A Wurlitzer organ size vacuum is out of the question. But it has to be...

skirt damage

Mowing the lawn and scraped the aluminum skirting in front of the wheel well it has a pretty deep scratch as well as a good dent. I've been looking on line to try to find a replacement part but don't seem to be able to find any parts stores other tha...

Another Norcold refr issue

I'm about to pull this sucker out and throw it in the trash! It cools like a champ as long as I am stationary but whenever I move it I loose a fridge full of food before it starts working right again. I have tried gas, AC and auto. I have run diagnos...

ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) fried?

Last time out with the fifthwheel I saw a flash out of the corner of my eye when I had the basement door open coming from the vicinity of the ATS. Everything in the trailer kept working but I can't remember if I used anything that was 110 volt.Today...

duggram by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Porta Source IG800 inverter generator, opinions?

Link here and more details here.This is definitely not a Honda eu2000i, but it is of a relatively small size, so it appears useful for two roles:1: A relatively cheap emergency generator/charger if the starting battery and/or the chassis batteries w...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Safe Placement of a Bottle Jack on a Narrow Frame Rail

Just replaced one of my entire axles assemblies (leafs, axle, & brakes) on my 7000 lb. toy hauler. I used two 3-ton floor jacks to place 4 jack stands. Hard not to notice the 3-ton floor jacks were near their limit.I would have preferred to use a c...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Comparing *Small* Inverter Generators

I'm tired of always lugging around my (heavy to put in the storage or the new trailer and a bit loud) existing generator, when most of the time I have 3 or 4 times the power I need.I'm looking at a <1k inverter generator, light, quiet and going to st...