cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 Cummins engine sensor identification

lbond01
Explorer
Explorer
While working on my 2003 Cummins 5.9 ISB on a freightliner, my size 14 huff broke off a sensor on the intake. Freigtliner doesn't have any good exploded drawings. My guess is turbo boost pressure or intake temp. I want to make sure before I order it.
Picture of sensor
Leo
2004 Bounder Diesel 39Z
Freightliner with 300 Cummins
Pressure Pro Tire Pressure Monitoring
110 Watt Solar
7 REPLIES 7

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
This gOOgle search...

turbo boost sensor ISB Freightliner

...produced a number of hits, with Big Machine Parts being one of the more interesting. The pictured one resembles the "nut" part of yours, and maybe the broken plastic piece still in its connector. But it refers to a later model 6.7 ISB. Still, they had an "Ask Us" feature that could help you, maybe even with that fan.

The search also turned up other sources, even Amazon, and some pictures (which I usually find very untrustworthy) and links to RV.net and other forums.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Ah well that sucks. Why is it the part always costs more!

lbond01
Explorer
Explorer
No Scott, it is shaped like a nut. I wish it was that one. The Freightliner dealer thought it was the Intake pressure senor and it was $110. I curse my size 14 shoes!!
Leo
2004 Bounder Diesel 39Z
110 Watt Solar

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Is it the item shown in the video?
Does it look like this: sensor

lbond01
Explorer
Explorer
Got link to work. Sorry Scott that sensor is for a Dodge Cummins, Mine is in a Freightliner rear pusher RV. Thanks anyway!
Leo
2004 Bounder Diesel 39Z
110 Watt Solar

lbond01
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to post a picture, no luck yet.
Leo
2004 Bounder Diesel 39Z
110 Watt Solar

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If it's a plastic sensor with a connector pointing straight up and is held in by two screws, it's your MAP sensor (boost sensor).
See this video: Linkaroonie
If it's the sensor that had a threaded body and is in the the fuel rail, that's your rail pressure sensor.
(BTW, it's a "Cummins")