cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 Freightliner Cummins Pusher Fan coming apart

lbond01
Explorer
Explorer
While changing turbo couplings, I broke a un-named intake senor (see other post) I noticed the fan had chunks missing. I have been fighting a over heating issue in extreme heat and the last trip it ran hot a lot more and not as hot out. That can't help. Has any one changed one of these? It is a 2004 Freightliner 5.9 ISB pusher. There are other blades with bigger chunks missing.
Fan pic
Leo
2004 Bounder Diesel 39Z
Freightliner with 300 Cummins
Pressure Pro Tire Pressure Monitoring
110 Watt Solar
3 REPLIES 3

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 2003 Fleetwood Revolution Cummins ISC 8.3L side radiator Freightliner which had fan blades coming apart. I replaced it which was easy.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Sure would not drive it. This is the 90 degree angle radiator, right? Fan is remote belt driven? Not specific to yours but I used foam sponge to hang the shroud up out of the way when I unbolted the drive shaft pier. Whatever it took I stuffed long skinny sheets of paneling between the blades and the radiator and sure as heck I fumbled it jamming a blade into the paneling and not into a tube. My Horton is a nine blade steel and it took one person on each side to position it. But this is on an 855 NTC which is a lot bigger everything. Be careful. Fans bite. Broken fans have sharp edges. Best of luck. Yes mine is a hydro-loc

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Oh boy, and we thought the sensor was expensive!
Is that by chance a Horton fan setup?