cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

5th wheel rail install for2009 dodge coil spring suspension

bigfink
Explorer
Explorer
I am upgrading to a fith wheel trailer. In attempting to install the hitch rails at the rv place they were stumped and never seen a coil spring suspension on that year dodge & did not know nor have the right install kit. Now I know the coil spring suspension is not new to dodge butt these guys don't seem to have a clue, and this is thier business? Should I go somewhere else for the install or let them find the right kit. Leary on this shop install.
8 REPLIES 8

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
bigfink wrote:
It's a 5.7" bed. I did review e-trailer & they listed the rail connections required but they are for a reese hitch I have a pull rite.

Pull Rite Super Rail Kit.........LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
a friend just trades his two month old 2500 dodge after the rearend blew apart.and no he was not overloaded a pin fell out and jammed between the rack and pinion gears

It should have been covered under warranty. Nevertheless, how does this fit into the fifth wheel hitch install with coil springs?
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
a friend just trades his two month old 2500 dodge after the rearend blew apart.and no he was not overloaded a pin fell out and jammed between the rack and pinion gears

bigfink
Explorer
Explorer
It's a 5.7" bed. I did review e-trailer & they listed the rail connections required but they are for a reese hitch I have a pull rite.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you reqlly positive a Ram 1500 will handle a fifth wheel????

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Which Ram 1500 do you have.........5 1/2', 6' or 8' bed?

Check with e-trailer for bed rail kit for the size of bed you have.
LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
these guys don't seem to have a clue, and this is thier business? Should I go somewhere else for the install or let them find the right kit. Leary on this shop install.

I think you answered your own question.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes