cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advice-Replacing Norcold With Residential Fridge

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
My Norcold four door fridge has failed for the THIRD time. I've had it with Norcold. Anyone know of a reliable person to replace my Norcold with a residential fridge within a reasonable distance from Missoula, Mt. ? Anyone done this who regrets it ? Thanks.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package
18 REPLIES 18

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
USMC46 wrote:
My Norcold four door fridge has failed for the THIRD time. I've had it with Norcold. Anyone know of a reliable person to replace my Norcold with a residential fridge within a reasonable distance from Missoula, Mt. ? Anyone done this who regrets it ? Thanks.

In what part of the Country are you located? There are many good folks that can handle this (mandatory) conversion. Yes, I know, my is my opinion. In this case, if you are in your RV more than a couple of months a year, my opinion is also correct.
Get that worthless RV fridge out and start enjoying your travels with a device designed to keep your precious ice cream cold and frost free!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
When I went residential I added a second complete power system with a PSW inverter. I left the MSW outlet for the ice maker in the No Cold so I have two inverter outlets plus a shore power outlet...or is that three?
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One caution just "Popped" UP, something I never thought about till... Well in a manner of speaking it happened to me (I have a standard RV fridge)

THe thread is titled "Replacing a Prosine 2.0"

Your Residential fridges are nice.. Provided the Inverter works.. Mine (inverter) just failed.. Thankfully I have a back up battery charger (Actually I use the other converter as the PRIMARY and the Prosine as the back up .. Long story) but My prosine just died.. So if I Boondock I'm w/o all 120vac less I burn gasoline. at 2.50/gallon/hour.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
My only mistake was not getting rid of my NoCold 1200 sooner $$$$. I replaced it myself
with the help of the DW. A EnergyStar refer is so efficient you can boondock by adding two batteries to power it.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...