cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

attwood 8500 6 furnace issues

clinte89
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone I am new here and new to rv life and I am having a little trouble with my furance. Sometimes when using the furance it will stop working. For example I can switch in my thermostat and it'll fire off a get warm and shut off as it should and then it will get cold and not switch back on as in the blower won't sat or anything. So I went outside poped the cover off and cycled the on/off switch and it'll fire right back up. Why would it do this from time to time. I am wondering if the switch contacts could be bad or getting weak so cycling the switch sends power back to the board for it to work. Any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

clinte89
Explorer
Explorer
I meant to say breaker.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
clinte89 wrote:
I fixed the issue. It wasn't a termostat. It was the fuse on the furnace itself. It had gotten weak so I installed a new one and haven't had a problem.thanks guys

Fuses don't get weak. They either work or blow

Now contacts for fuse get dirty/corroded or loose

Sounds like you cleaned a spot on surface of contact area when pulling old fuse out and installing new fuse so better contact is being made
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

clinte89
Explorer
Explorer
I fixed the issue. It wasn't a termostat. It was the fuse on the furnace itself. It had gotten weak so I installed a new one and haven't had a problem.thanks guys

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your regulator is bad not enough pressure the board sees it goes into lockout when you reset it starts cycling pressure built up it runs pressure gets low it locks out again

clinte89
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have to check the code. The thermostat is working properly and is new. I tested that first. I'll see what code

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
What code comes up on the board?

Here is a manual.
Manual
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thermostat....

How old is RV?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31