cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atwood Levelegs - racheting leg

AUwing2
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Jayco 5th wheel with Atwood’s Levelegs system that’s acting up. When we left our last site, I pressed the RET ALL FRONT and all sounded well until the pass front leg started racheting and didn’t stop until I pressed a button on the control pad. Got to our next site and nothing responds to key pad inputs. The pass front light on the controller is blinking green. I’ve manually cranked the fronts to unhook and level front to rear. Tried to ext the rear stabilizers and auto level but zero response. I’ve disconnected power with no results and unplugged the pass front on the board - still a green light winking at me. (Solid green on the other legs). Help !
4 REPLIES 4

AUwing2
Explorer
Explorer
Well, still not functioning. Hitched up and manually cranked the front legs off the ground, raised the inner legs so I could make sure the legs were extended a min of 2 inches. Pressed RET ALL FRONT one leg retracted and rachetted waiting for the other leg which wasn’t moving. Manually extended the moving leg a bit over 2 in hes, Unplugged the leg that wouldn’t move and tried putting the system in error mode but nothing changed. Looking at the control panel, there’s no indication anything has been unplugged. Manually extended all legs to level the trailer and unhitch.

Any thoughts appreciated

AUwing2
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Doug. I do have the manual that I’ve been reading and re-reading because I know how finicky this system is. The racheting leg was a concern but I’m thinking it’s mechanically ok seeing as I can manually crank it and it feels no different than the other front. For anyone wondering how easy it is to crank these - eat your Wheaties!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
OK, the system brain has been scrambled by the failure of that 1 jack. So, you have to do a complete reset of all the jacks. It takes TIME and you cannot skip any step in the procedure. If you do, you will fail to reset the system. Especially when it states to CONNECT to your truck. YOU MUST CONNECT TO YOUR TRUCK AS STATED. You cannot just lift the 5th wheel up. If you do not have the operators manual here is the link. Average time for a novice is about 2 hours to do the procedure. About 1 hour for someone skilled at it. Doug