cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Levelegs - 2007 Discovery issues

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Was having issues with the left rear jack, an Atwood Leveleg 13" 10K jack that will not extend or retract with the motor spinning.

Looking over past posts it was looking like I was going to be told the whole jack would need to be replaced. I called Atwood mobile and spoke with a guy who told me a motor/gearbox was available for around the $250.00 mark BUT he was showing that they had three on backorder!

I crawled under the rig and found just ONE plug to the electric motor. I disconneced the connector and was able to get the jack out w/o issue.

When I removed the motor/grearbox assembly I was looking at three gears, Two being the gears for the two screwjacks inside the leg and the 3rd gear had a broken shaft in it. This shaft drops down from the gear box driving the one gear meshed with the two screjack gears.

Looking over this broken shaft I have observed a few things. The shaft has a small hole drilled thru it and a small pin is inserted. This pin meshes with a slot in the gear. The shaft broke right at this pin. I'm going to dig deeper into this to see if I can just get a replacement shaft made up.

Thought I'd ask if any others have had any sucess getting parts for these jacks.

I'll post some PICS of the project shortly.

Thanks
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel
3 REPLIES 3

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE
Called Atwood a 2nd time. Spoke to a person who ordered the motor/gearbox assembly for $260 with shipping. Will most likely get a shaft machined & use the old motor/gearbox for a spare. I feel I'm going to need it.

Documenting project on my personal web site.

RM
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Already tried the Googleing. No hits.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

hsteinle
Explorer
Explorer
some places will work on these. If you are near Fontana CA Action RV rebuilds and services these electric jacks. If not near Fontana, google atwood level leg repair. Don't expect much help from Atwood. They are a joke when it comes to service.
Harlan
Mesa AZ/Durango CO
โ€™07 Alfa So Long Gold #4322
Cummins 400 ISL
Toad:
-Harley enclosed "Toy Carrier" cycle trailer, or
-โ€˜01 Jeep Wrangler, or
-'11 Ford Explorer Limited