cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Stove Burner Loose

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
The main, or front, burner is listing to starboard. It's loose and won't stay put when I level it. It is connected to the thin wire to the side/rear and the metal piece that runs toward the burner control. Can I just pry up the top piece and snug something up?
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."
13 REPLIES 13

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Problem solved. Neighbor has everything. Should have thought about him first. Thanks for all the help.
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

mrgreetis
Explorer
Explorer
You might dismount one of the other burners to remove one of the existing screws and take that to the hardware store to get a replacement. You might also want to get one or two extras in case you bounce another one loose. If you go to Home Depot or Lowes you will probably have to buy a small bag of them. Better to go to a good hardware store - they will be able to sell one or two.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nothing 'special' about the screws...just a sheet metal screw.

Local hardware store.......cheaper too.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
The link icon isn't opening, but there is a diagram here:
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/cooking/RangePartsList.pdf
Model 34 shown on Pg. 3, shows Part 5b, the L-bracket I was referring to.

I removed the burner and found that the bracket is affixed on the burner end with one small screw which is gone. The other end is held down with a larger screw. I'll unscrew the bracket from the stove, screw it to the underside of the burner and screw the bracket back down to the base. I have the model number (RV2135BBPR)and will make a trip to the RV store Atwood shows as a dealer to get the right screw.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not good at this stuff and like to get some advice before pulling things apart.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
removed

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Remove burner and see how it was attached to bracket.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
cekkk wrote:
Thanks. Just one question. Can I just pry up the top panel so I can see what the problem is, or is it not that simple?
My top panel pulls forward and then up.

This summer my 08 Atwood front burner caught on fire underneath and melted the burner. Parts are questionable as Atwood has "improved" the design of some of the internal parts. So the new one will be shipped with the next mfg cycle on my model.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, guys, the top came up. The three burners seem to be held in place on a bracket behind each burner. But the front one is no longer attached to that bracket. I'm guessing that there's a male tab the slides into a female receiver. If that's right, any idea which gender is on the bottom of the burner? If that's not it, then what?

It's a Wedgewood Vision.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
YES......

Typically push top back and lift.

Front edge usually has couple tabs that hold front down with spring tension from the rear.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Just one question. Can I just pry up the top panel so I can see what the problem is, or is it not that simple?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
the tube does not hold the burner, as the other poster said there is a bracket (the burner holds the tube in fact)

Many RVers have a few screws loose, this is what happens when you bounce your house down the old washboard highway at 55MPH. You should see what I found in my electrical panel (one took over two full turns before it even started to resist, Over 3 full turns to tighten).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
The burner is perched on the end of the gas tube which is attached to the front of the stove. Not clear if the tube has rotated (missing screw?) or the burner is off its perch. Whatever, you can take the tube off and repair or replace as indicated. Propping it up doesn't seem likely to last between campgrounds.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
What model of Atwood..they made many different ones?

Burner should be on a bracket that has a screw that holds bracket to stove sheet metal.

Thin wire should be ignitor wire.