cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do I winterize the washing machine in my motor home?

Bobbyf
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 Thor Miramar has a stacking washer and dryer. When winterizing I cannot reach the drain to pour in anti-freeze. I thought about pouring rv anti-freeze in the washer an putting on spin to get it in the trap. My wife is afraid if I do this it will leave a film inside the washing machine. Anyone out there have suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Moved from Forum Technical Support

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
On our Splendid I first set the temp to cold and then fill, when I see the pink stuff in the bottom of the drum I shut the cycle off and go to the Drain cycle and then pump the pink out. I then repeat the process with the water temp set to hot. This will fill all lines with the pink stuff. I do this while flushing all the other water lines. For our 40' MH with a washer it takes about 6gl to flush and fill all lines including the residential fridge.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our Splendid, in the rear passenger corner, there is a small wooden inspection cover than can be removed from under the front of the washer. It's about 7" square. After removing it you should see three hoses. Make sure your have antifreeze in all three of them. They should be a hot, cold and drain line. You'll need to pump the antifreeze into the washer to get it through the hot and cold line. Then poor a little more into the washer itself and run it until you know the drain line is full of antifreeze.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Splendid has the procedure in the manual. What I do is after pumping antifreeze thru the rest of the lines I open the valves and start the cycle. When I see pink in the tub, i turn it off, wait and open the door.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
At home I use the pink non toxic rv anti freeze and cycle it to spin it out and pump it out. I do the same with the home dishwasher.

I have never had a problem. Worst item for me is the frig with water and ice in the door. This year I blew out the small plastic lines in the frig and removed the multi valve solenoid bank and brought it with me.