cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bestconverter.com warranty differs from PD

JimInMich
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a PD9260 from bestconverter. I had noticed on bestconverters web site that PD was Made-in-America and had a 3 year warranty. After receiving the new converter I noticed the paper work in the box from PD stated it had a 2 year warranty. So, I call PD up and make sure I have a good serial number ( which I did ), and then asked about the warranty. 2 years is what I was told. I explained about the 3 year statement on BC web site and was told maybe it was an extended warranty the seller was offering, but that PD only included a 2 y.w. I call B.C. and pushed #9 to speak to someone. I get a young lady on the phone and I explain all of the above to her. She said the 4500 series had the 3 y.w. but nothing on the 9200 stated that. Then I point her to their web site and tell her which link I clicked on ( the main PD link on left ), and read to her what the front page reads ( screen capture ๐Ÿ˜ž

Then I was told that this was something that PD and BC had worked out. I again explained that PD didn't now anything but the 2 y.w. I was then told that this was something that started 6 months ago, and maybe who I spoke to at PD didn't know about it. Well, maybe this is so, but at first, it would seem that the person I was currently talking to didn't know either.
Then I'm asked what I would like to be done? I asked her, "Would you just take someone word for it and hope for the best, after the fact?" Person asked if I wanted her to send me a bill of sale, including the 3 y.w. on it. I said yes.

So, I'm not totally complaining here. bestconverter is taking care of my request to have the 3 y.w. in writing. I just thought it should be mentioned here, in case someone else thought they were getting a 3 y.w. and for some reason, get denied a claim after the 2 y.w. is up, that they might have to go through B.C. to get the warranty taken care of ( which I know I will have to do after the 2 years is up. most likely ).

Of course, I don't anticipate having a problem within 3 years, but you just never know.
Current: 1987 Georgie Boy Encounter 34',John Deere chassis,460c.i./C6.
SOLD-2012 Cougar XLite 27RLS
SOLD-2008 Aerolite 24FB
SOLD-2004 Shadow Cruiser Fun Finder 189FBR
Just the Wife and I.
12 REPLIES 12

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Best Converters clearly believes in Progressive Dyanmics.

One thing I've learned, Usually with electronics, if they are going to fail under warranty, they will do it before the ink dries on the sales agreement.

Generally if they last a year, they last 10 years or more. Baring owner abuse however.

I agree with that unless we accidentally hit them with a surge but then the warranty would likely not be enforce anyway. I tried and didn't get away with it, they know. I recommend the surge protector to all and sure you already know that and have one.

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
BFL13 wrote:
wa8yxm wrote:

One thing I've learned, Usually with electronics, if they are going to fail under warranty, they will do it before the ink dries on the sales agreement.

Generally if they last a year, they last 10 years or more. Baring owner abuse however.

They are also linked with PowerMax, and have a three year warranty on their Boondocker versions (they are modified by Randy, not just re-branded), while PowerMax itself has a two year warranty.

Recently Randy has started to make his own versions of PDs too, with PD's permission.

I would imagine there is a fine line between all of you internet experts and who actually walks through the door. I've seen praise and bashing for the guy that tries to tow the line and get it right for most. He has my support and knows his customers and their needs best. I've spent the better part of a month listening to all of the I boondock this, and I run generator that, and I have solar, bla bla. Though everybody's situation is different, can you imagine the stupid stuff they must hear as new people learn when everybody is an expert?

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:

They are also linked with PowerMax, and have a three year warranty on their Boondocker versions (they are modified by Randy, not just re-branded), while PowerMax itself has a two year warranty.

Recently Randy has started to make his own versions of PDs too, with PD's permission.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

JimInMich
Explorer
Explorer
Update:
I was sent a .pdf file of the receipt in an email right away. 3 year warranty stated on it, as asked.

By the sounds of it here in this discussion, I feel better at ease with bestconverter.
Current: 1987 Georgie Boy Encounter 34',John Deere chassis,460c.i./C6.
SOLD-2012 Cougar XLite 27RLS
SOLD-2008 Aerolite 24FB
SOLD-2004 Shadow Cruiser Fun Finder 189FBR
Just the Wife and I.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
By law Best Converter has to honor that warranty so your receipt is golden. Keep it safe ๐Ÿ™‚

Best Converter doesn't need no sticking law.

They do it because they are a standup company.

They stand behind their 'word' even when a warranty has expired

Best Converter and Torklift are 2 companies you can still rely on to do the right thing!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
By law Best Converter has to honor that warranty so your receipt is golden. Keep it safe ๐Ÿ™‚

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Print that and save it with your receipt.

Of course. It started Oct 1st so those with older units aren't going to get it but knowing them and PD, something positive always happens.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

Cydog15
Explorer
Explorer
I asked them about it also. Randy says they didn't want to publish 2 different manuals (hard to blame them) but my invoice did in fact say w/3 year warranty!

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth - I have had no problems with PD replacing defective product regardless of "warranty period" - I wouldn't worry too much.
Kevin

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
GOOD for Best Converters...they have always been a standup company and prove it once again.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31