cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

blown fuse

kltapjr
Explorer
Explorer
I was replacing my front top marker lights on my 2001 Artic Fox truck camper. I think I blew a fuse because none of the exterior running lights or brake lights, etc. are working now. I even put the old lights back. Does anyone know which fuse and its location that controls those lights. I have a 2001 AF TC 1080. I can't find a blown fuse on the panel under the step down inside the camper, and I have voltage at the truck plug.

Thanks, hope I'm in the right forum.
2001 Arctic Fox TC 1080
2001 F-350 DRW 4Dr 7.3
2001 Wellcraft 230 Sportfisherman twin 150's
11 REPLIES 11

kltapjr
Explorer
Explorer
Found the problem, thanks everyone for the replies!!! The blown fuse was under the hood and not at the fuse box inside the truck.
2001 Arctic Fox TC 1080
2001 F-350 DRW 4Dr 7.3

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Could a ground have been disturbed? Might be worth running a long wire from battery negative to the ground side of one of the lights to see if it lights up.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from DIY
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Roller4Tan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking they are daisy chained, The first one in the string may not be connected,power or ground. Since you replaced the fixtures,do you remember one fixture having more than two wires supplying it? Check the trailer end of the plug at a junction box somewhere near the hitch, for a loose or burned connection. My guess anyway...
2014 Heartland Bighorn 3010RE
2013 GMC Sierra 3500Crew4WD
5th Airborne Pin Box
Curt 24K Hitch

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
I'll assume by power at plug-specifically the running light circut? Fuse for trailer running lights are in the engine bay #4-#8. I could see one string not working, but all of them, even the tail lights? No they wouldnt be wired in series. Do you have back up lights?
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

kltapjr
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, I recheck my connections they all look good. I have my turn signals and brake lights on the camper. All the lights work on my truck. I'm only missing the night time running lights on the camper which includes the upper amber lights that run around the top of the camper and the rear lights that should be on all the time when my truck lights are on. other than that all the other lights seem to be working fine. I used a dc voltmeter and I have voltage at the plug to the truck.

Anyone know if they are wired in series and possibly one of the bulbs is out causing all of them to be out. I have a white and green wires going to each unit. I put the old units back just incase that might be an issue.

Thanks for all the response every little bit helps and beats taking to the shop for electrical repairs($$)!!
2001 Arctic Fox TC 1080
2001 F-350 DRW 4Dr 7.3

recycler
Explorer
Explorer
Hornnumb2 wrote:
Says he has voltage at the plug on the vehicle, I thinking he replaced the assemblies and pulled a wire loose.

X2
1999 F550 truck conversion

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Says he has voltage at the plug on the vehicle, I thinking he replaced the assemblies and pulled a wire loose.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The fuse is going to be in the truck.

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the fuses inside the truck? Marker lights are the same as parking/tail lights in the truck
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

Hornnumb2
Explorer
Explorer
Did you have the lights on when you replaced them. Did you replace the bulb or whole assembly?