cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Broken Gray discharge pipe

albow
Explorer
Explorer
The yard guy hit the gray side that leads to the junction with the black side and broke it. It's after the elbow that turns down and it runs parallel until it joins the black just above the end/cap. It includes the gray dump valve. I'm not finding any pipe on camping world's site to repair this. It's black. Where should I look and will I need any special pipe glue? THanks.
Alan & Tommie. 2003 Dodge 3500 SRW SLT Quad Cab, Cummins 5.9 HO, 6 speed manual and 3.73's. 2007 Pilgrim Legends Mid Profile 33RKS-M5 5th wheel, Prodigy, Superglide 14K hitch (already very glad I got it).
11 REPLIES 11

albow
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting they would sell the fittings but not the pipes. Since someone just said it's glued, I'm assuming I'll have to cut and junction together, as I wouldn't think it would come out of the elbow.
Alan & Tommie. 2003 Dodge 3500 SRW SLT Quad Cab, Cummins 5.9 HO, 6 speed manual and 3.73's. 2007 Pilgrim Legends Mid Profile 33RKS-M5 5th wheel, Prodigy, Superglide 14K hitch (already very glad I got it).

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
albow wrote:
Just called Lowe's and they don't have it. I'll just order it from the online guys. Glad the trailer's not being used at the moment.

Can't see the picture, but the standard drain plumbing use in RV is ABS with all the fittings one would ever need at HD or Lowes.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, cut and glue new round tinkertoys. They do make a compatible union if it gets to be dicey.
FWIW, around here, the big box stores no longer sell ABS. If I needed some, I'd go to a plumbing distributor.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

albow
Explorer
Explorer
Just called Lowe's and they don't have it. I'll just order it from the online guys. Glad the trailer's not being used at the moment.

albow
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1645959015419082&set=pcb.1645959065419077&type=3 ..Here we go. Workaround for getting the pics here. Actual broken completely off section is about 1 foot. Oops, it didn't copy as a link but you can copy and paste.

albow
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, it's broke apart at both ends. I have since learned it's abs as noted above as well. Yep, seems simple but ain't. The local hardware store couldn't point me to any, not could a local plumbing supplier but I will call Lowe's in a minute. I have at least found some online but have to find the same 90 degree joint where they come together right before the end cap. It broke off at that one end. Sounds like there's some debate about this using glue or just slip fitting. If there's glue involved, I assume I can't just remove the unbroken end from it's elbow and will have to cut and join. My plan at this time is to call the online rv supply place when they open in the morning, send them my pics and let them tell me what I need. I don't know if I can put my pics on here or not but will give it a shot. they're on my phone, not my computer.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Is it actually broken or just cracked? If it's just cracked and in a hard to repair place, you may be able to simply open up the crack a bit and force some ABS cement into it. Unlike normal glue, the cement will actually melt it together. If you need more strength you can use a pieces of ABS and cement it over the affected area.

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
I suppose there may be a primer for abs pipe but I've never seen any nor used any. Hmmm I better check more carefully at HD tomorrow.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could you post a picture, please?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 sounds like easy repair, yet a pain in the butt, things happen ,

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Black is ABS. Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc. Uses yellow glue and I prefer to use a primer first.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er