cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Broken tag axel Monaco Dynasty

k8busa
Explorer
Explorer
So we just heard some clunking and pulled over. Looks like the right rear tag axel has broken. The tube has pulled out and a brace snapped. Anyone know of rvsalvage yards where we could locate a replacement tag frame assembly ?
5 REPLIES 5

k8busa
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah we just spent a few hours in the Walmart lot jacking it up and getting the tube to slide back in the hole. It does look like a kinda chappy design but nothing we can do now. Took a step to hold it up just to be sure on each side and gonna take it slow on the 600 mile drive home. We can repair it ourself just wonder if we could get one cheap enough that isn't damaged and brace it up. It has been an eventful weekend to say the least.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tom/Barb wrote:
Pull it back into position and re-weld it. It is a well known problem.
Please elaborate.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Pull it back into position and re-weld it. It is a well known problem.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
A u-bracket broke on our front suspension and a truck repair shot fabricated two new ones for us. Tampa Spring Tampa FL. Very quick work and reasonable price.
Search for heavy duty truck suspension repair shops. Here's the website address for Tampa Spring. http://www.tampaspringco.com/
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

FreeIndeedJ836
Explorer
Explorer
Bummer, sorry for your troubles:( I have never used them but this place in Missouri has been recommended to me. http://colawrvsalvage.com/

Good luck with the repairs. I would love to hear how it turns out and especially if there is anything I can do to prevent such a problem!

Bret
I'm not anti-social, I just have a strong aversion to B.S., drama, and pretending:)