cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

broken window

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
I'm hoping someone can help me here I have a broken window how it happened. I do not know right now I'm in the Rio Grande Valley in mission and I need to get a new window. I called Fleetwood and a one $700 and that is a little ridiculous. Any help would be much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
You might also try Colaw RV Salvage
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

frank-2
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to thank everyone for the reply I will definitely check out the place in weslaco , I will do that on Monday. Once again thanks to everyone

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
If all else fails - check with Bert Ogden Dealer.
Years ago we had the front windshield of our F350 Ford truck replaced. It was very reasonable in price and the workers came to the RV park in Weslaco and did it on site. Unfortunately I can't remember the company name, but it was a local glass shop. We no longer have that truck and all the files have been destroyed.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
I have had glass work done in a few places in the RGV. The cheapest price I have found is Weslaco Glass on Business 83 in Weslaco. The place is a real hole in the wall so their fixed costs must be really low. but their work is as good as anybody else.

919 West Business 83, Weslaco, TX 78596
Phone:(956) 968-1032
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
I had a broken window in our 5er a few years ago. I had it fixed a a local glass shop with a piece on plexi-glass that looks like the OEM.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Got about the same price for a window from Winnebago. I was having some other work done by a mobile service and was pleased with what they did so I directed them on to several other projects. One of them being a large side window. I had already gotten about the same price point that you did from Winnebago. Mine is a Minnie Winnie. The mobile service took the window out, had the glass made, fitted and reinstalled for about $300. So far I'm pleased with all of their work. You might ask around at the RV Parks and see which mobile service they recommend. Good luck.
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine