cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cannot find fuse box

Campncouple
Explorer
Explorer
We have just brought home 2002 Damon Intruder. Right blinker not working. Have looked everywhere for fuse box cannot find it. Any help appreciated.
Thank You.
21 REPLIES 21

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Muddydogs wrote:
Blinkers aren't fused, check the bulb, wiring and trailer plug. Your outside trailer lights (blinkers, brakes and running lights) are a separate system from the inside trailer wiring and do not run through the trailer fuse box.
Is your TV blinker working? If not then look at the TV fues box first.

Most likely its the bulb.

Mine Are.. I know.. I blew the fuse. 2005 Intruder, Workhorse Chassis

You are correct on the Workhorse chassis there are two fuses. One for the right and one for the left. They are located in the under hood fuse block and are 5 amp.
The marker lamps fuse is located in the interior fuse block, position 17 and is 10 amp.
If the track lighting is 12 volt there will be a fuse in the 12volt panel in the coach.
If it is 120 volt there will be a breaker in the power panel. If not connected to shore power they will not operate unless the inverter is on.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Campncouple wrote:
We have just brought home 2002 Damon Intruder. Right blinker not working. Have looked everywhere for fuse box cannot find it. Any help appreciated.
Thank You.

What chassis and the model number?
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do not recall Vulcan.. I think both sides did.. also there were two fuses. One was brake lights and I think 4-ways the other was the turn signals. One is in the Accessory panel (inside near the parking brake pedal) and the other outside under the hood.

I have also had issues with a bad ground on a lamp.. Really strange when that happened. Worked fine if headlights OFF but if headlights ON (How I normally drive) not so good.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:

And BOTH sides went out, right ??

There is not an individual fuse for each side.....nor an individual flasher either.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Muddydogs wrote:
Blinkers aren't fused, check the bulb, wiring and trailer plug. Your outside trailer lights (blinkers, brakes and running lights) are a separate system from the inside trailer wiring and do not run through the trailer fuse box.
Is your TV blinker working? If not then look at the TV fues box first.

Most likely its the bulb.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vulcan Rider wrote:
ADAD437 wrote:
the flasher can let one side work and the other not.

Not in my experience it won't.

Agreed. The flasher doesn't know which side it's flashing, it only knows there's a load that needs to flash.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
ADAD437 wrote:
the flasher can let one side work and the other not.

Not in my experience it won't.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
The F53 chassis also has a fuse panel on the inside of the firewall to the left of the steering column. One side of the directionals not working may indicate a faulty multi-function switch on the steering column. The switch controls the directionals, the 4-way flashers, high/low headlight beams, and the wipers.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

ADAD437
Explorer
Explorer
vic46 wrote:
I wonder if it is the blinker device itself. It will likely be located under the dash on the driver side. It will look like a plastic cylinder, perhaps clear, that is likely about 2.5" long by 1" in diameter.

yep the flasher is where i would look, check for voltage at the socket, as has been stated the turn signals are not fused seperate. if the fuse goes all turn signals will not work. the flasher can let one side work and the other not.

James,Gail & Pancho
2005 georgie boy Pursuit

๐Ÿ˜›

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder if it is the blinker device itself. It will likely be located under the dash on the driver side. It will look like a plastic cylinder, perhaps clear, that is likely about 2.5" long by 1" in diameter.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok get your big key and open the hood.. Stand directly in front of the RV.. DEAD CENTER

look straight ahead (Stand on a riser if you are not six feet tall)

You should see a big black box.. NO printing, or markings, Just a big black box Dead center under the hood just below the windishied

On each side is a clip with release

That is it.

Dr_Quick
Explorer II
Explorer II
If blinker light is out it could be just a burned out bulb. I would start there. Running lights could be a separate problem, possible fuse. I would expect that running lights and blinker area part of the Chassis wiring system and the fuses for it would be separate from interior 12 volt lights. I would look under dash near drivers area, or under the hood for chassis fuses.
Dr Quick

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate post deleted.

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
I think Muddydogs is confused as the Damon Intruder is a Class A. There is a problem with a fuse or two and should be pretty easy to determine what is wrong.

Class or size or make or model makes no difference.

I the blinker on one side works but the other side does not....THAT problem can not be caused by an open fuse.......as the blinkers are all on one circuit with one common fuse.