cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carlisle Tires

jmaotto
Explorer
Explorer
Has anybody had any history with the Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires. They advertise that they are an updated trailer tire with a speed rating of 87 mph.
44 REPLIES 44

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! What I see is usually damage to the camper from blowouts. You are one lucky camper.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
hypoxia wrote:
The new ones are OK. I've blown around 30 of the old style Carlisle's.

Gotta ask why you kept on buying them? If I have even a couple of problems with a brand, I don't buy any more.

They just kept giving me new ones & there weren't many non chinese tires available.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
TomG2 wrote:
I looked back and I don't see where anyone said that any tires, new or otherwise were immune to abuse. Really pretty simple, if there are fewer blowouts then the tires have improved because we have the same kind of drivers.
I was referring to the MANY other threads on the ST tires failures. In them, there is always proponents that blame it on the owners... Naturally, they have been silent here.

The owners run Carlisle/Towmax/whatever for over 6 years-then they blow because they have aged out, but in the mean time all of a sudden they have turned in to "China Bombs".

Who's fault is it the tires have aged out?

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
Midnightsadie-

Just stay away from Carlisle threads, we all know what your opinions are and how they are not going to change.

BTW-I have over 10,000 miles on my Carlisle RHs.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
You don't need to YELL at me. I can read and you were saying the exact same things that were written in THIS thread as far as abuse being a huge factor in tire failures. IT IS.

shakyjay
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been running them for over a year without any problems.
2007 Rockwood 8315SS
2004 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel
1999 Dodge 1500 5.9L Gas

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
I looked back and I don't see where anyone said that any tires, new or otherwise were immune to abuse. Really pretty simple, if there are fewer blowouts then the tires have improved because we have the same kind of drivers.
I was referring to the MANY other threads on the ST tires failures. In them, there is always proponents that blame it on the owners... Naturally, they have been silent here.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

RinconVTR
Explorer
Explorer
Currently running the RH series tires and so far so good, the OP obviously saw my previous post about their speed rating because this information is not found on their website. Ditto with Goodyear Marathons, and bumping PSI to 60psi cold to run over 65mph. Not found on the OEM websites, but well documented information elsewhere. What's that all about?!?!?

It should be noted that I have not had any issue with this brand or any other over many...many decades. And I put on nearly 15k miles using very well known OEM "china bomb" tires on my current TT with no blow out or any other problem.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
New and improved..... Says the company the previously told how good their first ST tires were...

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.... Shame on me.

I will let others take the chance. I found a solution that works for me. Michelin XPS RIBS.

An observation:
Many of the ST proponents blame the ST failures on owner misuse. Low inflation, curbing, speeding, etc.... Yet we are to believe that the owners of these "new improved" tires treat their tires the same as anyone else? And the tires are now able to take it?

Can't have it both ways.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
hypoxia wrote:
The new ones are OK. I've blown around 30 of the old style Carlisle's.

Doing the same thing over and over is called Insanity.

It only took one set for me. They came on a new camper. less than two

years in sidewalls tears and blow outs

tick tick tick tick Time bombs
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
I'm watching this thread as I put a set on my TH three months ago, I was worried as I had trouble in the past with Carlisle tires before (about 8 years ago).
At the time of looking for new tires for the TH, this was the only one I could find with the load rating I needed, besides waiting 1.5 weeks and paying for shipping fees for Maxxis.
I really can't contest to the Carlisle tires as I only been out one time since they were put on, and we only travel about 2000miles per year with our TH.
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371

jmaotto
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that Carlisle is trying to change their image. Past impressions are hard to change.

Racefan1
Explorer
Explorer
Calling out to Canadians. I need new tires. Would love to purchase Maxxis, but can't find a Canadian Supplier. If you know of one I would like to know. I am in New Brunswick.
I am also considering going with a load range E light truck tire. I need all the help and guidance I can get.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen camper tires scraped along curbs, banged into potholes, and run low on air pressure. It is no wonder that we have failures.