cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter abbreviations question

96Tony
Explorer
Explorer
My Wyco (WF-8955PEC)has the following abbreviations, also (hopefully!)pictured below.

I know most of them, but am wondering about the Rec/Con breaker, and the LP fuse abbreviation.

I'm trying to cut power to the radio, with it's bright blue dislay light, as we are going dry-camping.
The unit may be fused by 8, 9, or 11...which are all unlabeled but have 15 amp fuses in them.

Breakers:
Main
A/C
GFI
Micro
Rec/Con
Hot Water

Fuses:
1. Kit
2. Bed
3. Bath
4. Fur
5. Ref
6. TV
7. LP

11 REPLIES 11

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
My radio had a way to dim the display lighting. I don't remember how to do it, but the radio's owner's manual described the procedure. Not sure the light would draw enough current to warrant concern.

Ray

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
96Tony wrote:
Soundguy, I did pull fuses one at a time...but the darn blue display light never went out! Maybe I didn't wait long enough after pulling the fuse?

As I said, the solution is simple - install a kill switch. Pull the radio out, locate the wires feeding + 12 vdc to both the radio itself and the radio memory circuit and wire them both through a simple SPST switch.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Usually, the radio and the LP alarm are direct to the battery and stay on when you pull the battery disconnect switch. So the radio clock and settings stay on. On ours the radio fuse is up by the battery in a separate little fuse panel. Our LP alarm is on that same 15a glass fuse plus it has its own little glass fuse (1a ISTR) by the unit itself.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

96Tony
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, doug, I will look for the ATC fuse and try to kill just the radio.

Soundguy, I did pull fuses one at a time...but the darn blue display light never went out!
Maybe I didn't wait long enough after pulling the fuse?

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
96Tony wrote:
I'm trying to cut power to the radio, with it's bright blue dislay light, as we are going dry-camping.

I'd guess 12 vdc power to the radio is the same feed that powers the television and the wall plate that powers the antenna head it but it's a simple matter to find out - just pull fuses 'til you find the correct one. That said, if you're going to dry camp on a regular basis I'd suggest that instead of pulling fuses you wire in kill switches to the devices you want to completely disable, just as I did. Since the object of the game here is to minimize draw down on the battery when dry camping don't forget to turn off the fridge climate control circuit, if your particular fridge has one. Plus the obvious - running LED bulbs instead of incandescent will significantly reduce battery draw down.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your Radio will be on a circuit that has other 12 volt appliances on that circuit. There are only 4 screws that hold the radio in the cabinet. You will find a ATC fuse on the back of the radio harness. Just pull THAT fuse to kill the radio. If you do NOT see the 4 screws, they are behind the side covers of the radio. Those side covers just pop off, pull them outward. Doug

96Tony
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Detector! Much better idea, BFL.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rec/Con would be a 120v breaker that does the receptacle circuit and also the converter.

LP fuse (12v) would be for the propane alarm found down at floor level.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Rec = recepticals

Con = converter

LP might be for the igniter on your fridge
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

96Tony
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm..."preference setting" not allowing me to post pics.
I'll have to figure that out.