cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter Output

silverkid
Explorer
Explorer
I am not real familiar with the particulars of a trailer electrical system! I have a Wilderness 5th wheel with 6V batteries and a battery disconnect switch. With the batteries switched OFF via the disconnect switch, will the converter still supply DC voltage to the trailer distribution panel when connected to shore power? My concern is with boiling the batteries if the power converter should malfunctions while connected to shore or generator power.

'03 Dodge 2500 4X4 Quad LB CTD H.O.

:C

'04 Cougar 278EFS

:B

See ya down the road...
Rig Pics
7 REPLIES 7

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
the only thing on mine that's directly connected is the landing gear & solar.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Some items might be connected direct to the battery and may no longer work if the disconnect effectively disconnects these items. Typical includes slide and electric front jack.

silverkid
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, for your replies... I physically disconnected the batteries, plugged into shore power and did indeed have DC power without the batteries!

'03 Dodge 2500 4X4 Quad LB CTD H.O.

:C

'04 Cougar 278EFS

:B

See ya down the road...
Rig Pics

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
No harm to try.

x2 - rigs aren't all wired the same way so what works in one rig may not apply to others.
Kevin

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
mena661 wrote:
A newer RV will more than likely have a 3 stage converter which won't "boil" your batteries unless its faulty. In my MH, the converter will only supply power to the batteries when the disconnect switch is on. YMMV

X2

The converter still supplies power to the electrical panel with the disconnect switch set to disconnect.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
A newer RV will more than likely have a 3 stage converter which won't "boil" your batteries unless its faulty. In my MH, the converter will only supply power to the batteries when the disconnect switch is on. YMMV