cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Correct psi ?

richy2
Explorer
Explorer
I recently took delivery of a Dynamax rev motorhome. The label on the pillar shows 65 in front 80 for rear. When I checked, the psi was 80 all around. What should the correct psi be for this vehicle. Owners manual says to refer to door label???
Thanks for the information
9 REPLIES 9

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Use the door sticker. Do take time to weigh off front, back, and each individual tire. My driver's rear was overweight so I spent the money for different rims. I did not have a blow out.

I now use a tire pressure monitoring system.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thank you, dougrainer, for your informative answer to the OP question. I have noticed since I joined this forum (a long while back) your replies are very helpful. I have to think you are/have been a RV tech for years.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ALL motorhomes, the VIN/Door sticker will give the correct Air pressure for the motorhome as designed by the OEM. If you want more exact pressures you do the 4 corner weight program and then go to the charts for the weight per your motorhome 4 corner weights. The chassis owners manual is for the Incomplete Chassis build specs. That is why it states to consult the OEM added VIN sticker for the correct pressures. Doug

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maximum load = maximum sidewall pressure. Inflate accordingly.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
richy2 wrote:
The label on the pillar shows 65 in front 80 for rear. What should the correct psi be for this vehicle. Owners manual says to refer to door label???

Let me think on this one........ The owner's manual says check the information on the door pillar. The door pillar clearly has the correct tire pressure indicated. Now, what is your question again? I am having trouble understanding any confusion.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Assuming you have the OEM size and load range tire... 65 and 80 would be minimums and should cover the GVWR and GAWR. Often the pressure is adjusted up (not to exceed sidewall max) to improve handling or ride and that is fine too.

Are you having issues? You can certainly try 65 in the front to see if you like it better.

Cold is before you roll and before the sun is on them.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Pillar is correct unless you weigh the rig AND have the correct tire pressure chart for your tires
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think the dealer reads the owners manual LOL. Sounds like you got the answer I would go by the manual.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
To be precise, you should weight axles, or preferable wheels and go to tire manufacturer site for inflation chart per load.