cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

De-Fogging of RV Windows Shops?

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a listing of the shops around the Country that will perform the de-fogging of your RV's windows that are fogged up?

I've used the shop in Searcy, Arkansas,that did satisfying and reliable work, but IMO they're on the steep side @ $250.00 per RV window!

Any others around Texas, the Deep South or Great Plains/Midwest to go to?

Thanks!
16 REPLIES 16

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Skid Row Joe wrote:
Is there a listing of the shops around the Country that will perform the de-fogging of your RV's windows that are fogged up?

I've used the shop in Searcy, Arkansas,that did satisfying and reliable work, but IMO they're on the steep side @ $250.00 per RV window!

Any others around Texas, the Deep South or Great Plains/Midwest to go to?

Thanks!

Any shops around Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas that specialize in this work, and you would recommend?

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
mchero wrote:
Skid Row
Some videos on the subject on youtube. Google is your friend.
OK, where are they then?

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Skid Row
Some videos on the subject on youtube. Google is your friend.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
millerak49 wrote:
+2 for Dave Root. we purchased the supplies from him and did 5 windows ourselves here in alaska. We plan to do 5 more next spring, which will get all the windows fog free.

Would you have step by step instructions with sealant/s etc. to use on how to DIY, provided I can get the window out/off of the coach?

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
jrclark wrote:
The window in the entry door fogged with moisture inside. The manufacture wanted an arm and leg for the window plus the other arm for shipping. So we took a trip to Searcy, Arkansas and had The RV Fog Doctor repair it. Total cost was $200.00. We arrived on a Friday evening and they provided full hookups for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. By Sunday night there were four over motorhomes that came in for window repair. First thing Monday morning they took the window out and repaired it and had us on the road by 1:00 PM. They did an outstanding job and I highly recommend them.

I'm planning on going back to RV Fog Dr. in Searcy, Arkansas.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Dave Root no longer travels. He has a shop in LaPine,OR and he by appointment only

millerak49
Explorer
Explorer
+2 for Dave Root. we purchased the supplies from him and did 5 windows ourselves here in alaska. We plan to do 5 more next spring, which will get all the windows fog free.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like RK911 got ahold of a great installer.
The kit i purchased was from an outfit that sells just about everything related to windows. A large roll of 1/8 x 1/8 rubber spacer with decsicant impregnated.and a black silicone looking substance.
I will dig up the site i purchased the supply'sfrom and post further information.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
mchero wrote:
I purchased my oun "supplies" to do my own windows but never got around to doing it "yet".
Too late this year! Should have done them while wintering in the SW.
Most jobs done by the inexpensive guys fog up after a couple years. Lets hear not only price but guarantee that goes along with each job.

a few years after we purchased a new MH in 2000 we had several windows fog up. we had them cleaned and polished by Suncoast Designers in Hudson, FL. we kept that coach for roughly 10 years after the work was completed with no recurrence of fogging in the repaired windows.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased my oun "supplies" to do my own windows but never got around to doing it "yet".
Too late this year! Should have done them while wintering in the SW.
Most jobs done by the inexpensive guys fog up after a couple years. Lets hear not only price but guarantee that goes along with each job.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
...two others that immediately come to mind are the RV Fog Doctor in Searcy, Arkansas and Dave Root RV Glass in Bend, OR.

Dave Root does a great job - and he will travel up and down the west coast, coming to you to do the work! We had several windows done by him a few years ago - he showed up at our storage yard in San Jose, Ca about 8:30 in the morning, and by 3:00 in the afternoon he was on his way, after taking care of 5 windows - if I recall he charged us somewhere around $250 or $300 per window.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is in the shop right now getting replaced. I am tired of fighting the drivers side window so this time it is being replaced with laminated (windshield) glass. Hope I don't regret it but at least I won't have to ever worry about this window fogging up again.

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
The window in the entry door fogged with moisture inside. The manufacture wanted an arm and leg for the window plus the other arm for shipping. So we took a trip to Searcy, Arkansas and had The RV Fog Doctor repair it. Total cost was $200.00. We arrived on a Friday evening and they provided full hookups for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. By Sunday night there were four over motorhomes that came in for window repair. First thing Monday morning they took the window out and repaired it and had us on the road by 1:00 PM. They did an outstanding job and I highly recommend them.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Ever get to Quartzsite? During the rv show there are guys there that will do a window for 175. Had them do a window at the FMCA convention in Gillette this summer and they did an excellent job