cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dicor Self-leveling caulk - how to reseal?

ohiopicker
Explorer
Explorer
It seems like most maintenance tasks involving Dicor use less than one tube full. No matter how I wrap, tape, cover, etc. the nozzle of the cartridge, it seems to dry out, rendering it useless for the next "emergency". Has anyone come up with a reliable way of sealing a partially used cartridge so it will still be liquid next time you need it?
6 REPLIES 6

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I have good luck wrapping a patch of aluminum tape around the tip and folding it shut tightly.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
When I was installing solar I would just plug the end of tube with #6 wire and put it away, stayed in liquid form for almost six yrs when I went to use it again and the Dicor was still in perfect condition, Just my thoughts, using a second tube that was opened 3 yrs ago now.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Little Red Cap. I've had one on a tube of Dicor for 3 years, and its still soft and pliable.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
After years of experiencing this will all kinds of caulk I looked at a tube I 'sealed' with an end cap on the tip, over top a piece of seran wrap. Then I realized it was the bottom. Take a look at the bottom of a tube. That is definitely NOT an air tight seal. So out came the good old vacuum food saver. That doesn't keep them forever but they are ready the next time I need just 'a dab to do ya". I also use a sharpy and mark on the bag the date the tube was opened. I still have to use that silly rod along side the caulking gun to puncture the tube caulk just as I would if it was new.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

ohiopicker
Explorer
Explorer
JC2 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Homax-34065-Caulk-Keeper-2-Pack/dp/B000KKMWVU

Hey, that's pretty neat! Thanks for the tip!

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.amazon.com/Homax-34065-Caulk-Keeper-2-Pack/dp/B000KKMWVU
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487