cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

dog leg

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 50am female on one end, and a30am male on the other end. can I make that work pluging up to a 50 am pedstel? thanks for the help. now its all happy-camping
6 REPLIES 6

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
And if you plug them together, you have infinite free power, just no way to get to it! ; )

Matt B

Old-Biscuit wrote:
This is a 50A to 30A adapter......you can plug it into a power pedestal 50A receptacle and plug a 30A trailer power cord into it.

This is a 30A to 50A adapter.....you can plug it into a power pedestal 30A receptacle and plug a 50A trailer power cord into it

oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
This is a 50A to 30A adapter......you can plug it into a power pedestal 50A receptacle and plug a 30A trailer power cord into it.

This is a 30A to 50A adapter.....you can plug it into a power pedestal 30A receptacle and plug a 50A trailer power cord into it

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you have a 50 Amp female on the dog BONE, you must have a 50 Amp MALE on the RV's shore power cable.

The 50 Amp male will plug directly into the 50 Amp RV pedestal.

Of course, if you have it backwards, and you really have a dog bone that's 50 Amp MALE (prongs) and 30 Amp FEMALE (sockets), and an RV with a 30 Amp shore power cable, then *YES* that is what you need to plug it into a 50 Amp RV pedestal.

Normally, an RV pedestal contains a 50 Amp, a 30 Amp, and two 20 Amp receptacles. You should not need any adapter at all. Of course there are exceptions and having the proper adapters can come in handy.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Wayne_Dohnal
Explorer
Explorer
At last a definitive heavy technical question. The device is called a "dog bone" ๐Ÿ™‚ To answer the question, if I'm understanding correctly, the device you already have is the opposite of what you need in terms of what's male and what's female, allowing a 50 amp rig to plug into a 30 amp outlet.
2009 Fleetwood Icon 24A
Honda Fit dinghy with US Gear brake system
LinkPro battery monitor - EU2000i generator

DrTanTodd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Easy answer "NO"
Todd and Dawn
Maddy and Nugget the Cats
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 31 RETS

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Monaco Montclair wrote:
I have a 50am female on one end, and a30am male on the other end. can I make that work pluging up to a 50 am pedstel? thanks for the help. now its all happy-camping

Does that 30 amp male look like it will plug into a 50 amp pedestal? :h
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900