cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dome Light

crtsmjc
Explorer
Explorer
My dome light does not work and my outside temperature and compass does not work also. I have checked all fuses and they are good. I pulled the dome light and hooked it up direct. It works fine. There is no power to the temperature and compass dash mounted unit also. Am I missing another fuse somewhere or what. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
Mike
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Outside temp I can not help you with.. Possible it does not exist.

DOME light I may be able to help you with.. I will describe dome light operation on MY RV.

First the light is a double dome RV ceiling light, with a switch (3 position) this switch must be in one of the ON positions for the light to work (The positions are OFF ONE BOTH on mine)

Next since it is a "Dome light" just like the one on the ceiling (Dome) of my car you have to turn it on from the dash.. USUALLY it is the dash lamp dimmer to full bright and push past a detent to turn it on..
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
it might help if you would identify what you are talking about.

๐Ÿ™‚
Knowing the model would help for sure. None of those parts are critical though. You can live and move without outside thermometer until you get it fixed.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
it might help if you would identify what you are talking about.
bumpy

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'd call the manufacturer. My dash indicators stopped working and it was a computer problem. Check the manual for all of the fuses. They are not all together like the old days.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)