cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 13.5 AC 12 volt power source

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am installing a Fantactic Fan in my brand new 2016 Premier 19fbpr and looking for a 12 volt power source. Someone said they accessed the AC for a 12 volt source. Where would the 12 volt power source in the AC be. I see a plastic plug that plugs in with several wires. Color Code?

Any thoughts..

When I started this project I thought it would be a piece of cake, I was only 12 inches from a cieling light then I realized all the ceiling lights have a wall mounted switch with no on/off at the lights...
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.
7 REPLIES 7

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
1L243 wrote:
That wiring diagram was a great help..

Now.....you might want to somehow mark the 12 V fuse that serves the wire you tapped into to indicate that it now also serves the fan.

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
That wiring diagram was a great help.. The one folder my new trailer did not come with was the AC..

I found the black wire with my wire tester thanks for the additional info to confirm I got the right one.

I was able to reach from the Fantastic Fan to the AC with a wooden dowel finding it's way through the holes in two trusses..

It works great. Thanks for the help... Now just waiting for the Eternabond to come in to finish the job...
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
1L243 wrote:
There are three led puck type cieling lights that come on with a wall switch as you enter the door. I would have to put switches on all three...(I thought about it)

The wiring diagram is good if red is (+) does it show a ground (-)?

Pin 2..........Black is 12V (-)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
All this comes out the ceiling.
My 12v is the black and white wires. Black is positive.

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are three led puck type cieling lights that come on with a wall switch as you enter the door. I would have to put switches on all three...(I thought about it)

The wiring diagram is good if red is (+) does it show a ground (-)?

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
RED wire..12V + (Pin 4)

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Vulcan_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
1L243 wrote:

When I started this project I thought it would be a piece of cake, I was only 12 inches from a cieling light then I realized all the ceiling lights have a wall mounted switch with no on/off at the lights...

Could a small switch be added at that nearby light ? Then assuming the fan has a switch mounted on it, the wall switch for that light could turn on the light or fan or both. Or be left on all the time and the other two switches would be used at the respective devices.