cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 2652 fine on 110v not on gas

mdjm66
Explorer
Explorer
I havent had any issues with the fridge until this year, it is a 2007 model and works great when plugged in, but, this weekend, went to turn it on and the pilot lights, clicks away for awhile, and then stops.
It runs through its' cycles and then the check light comes on.

It is getting gas, and the tube above the pilot gets warm, but thats it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dean
2000 F350 SuperDuty Ext Cab Long Box
2007 StarCraft StarStream 19RB
2000 Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic
2005 Lund SSV 14 Mercury 25hp 4 stroke
2009 Alumacraft 1442
23 REPLIES 23

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
jrichardparker wrote:
... should I feel solenoid opening and closing when voltage is applied?
Yes, and you should hear a klunk when it opens.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

jrichardparker
Explorer
Explorer
My RM2652 works fine on elect, not on propane replaced TC no change seems like solenoid valve not opening I do have voltage to solenoid should I feel solenoid opening and closing when voltage is applied?

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for letting us know the outcome, it may help others down the road.
Gene and DW Ginny

mdjm66
Explorer
Explorer
Well, thee verdict is in, it was the board, replaced the board and it fired up right away. Found out a guy at work has fixed these before so I am going to give him the board next week and see if he can fins out what failed.
2009 Alumacraft 1442

mdjm66
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the ignitor wire/electrode wire, still same issue.
Guess we wait till Thursday to find out what's the issue.
Thanks again for all of your assistance.

Dean
2009 Alumacraft 1442

evergladesgator
Explorer
Explorer
Would have bet on the TC. Learn something every day. Even at my age.:)
Hey Bounder, our model is a RM2652 while his is a DM2652. That's the difference. (I guess )
gator
2000 F250 Super Duty 7.3 PSD.
1999 Skyline 2427 Nomad 5th wheel.Rancho 9000s, Prodigy, Me, wife & two spoiled chihuahuas. PeePee aka Penelope(6/97-7/08) & Hannah (19 now and seen the USA ). New kid Chiquita aka ChiChi.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
They ALL have a Thermocoupler. That said, an explanation.
The Thermocoupler MOST on this thread are talking about is the standard old school metal with 2 wires.
The Thermocoupler on MOST newer refers and water heaters are a Flame sense that is the same part that Ignites (the spark electrode) and ALSO senses the flame. It does double duty.
To the OP--- replace the Ignitor wire/spark electrode. That is your problem. Doug

mdjm66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the tips, the model is a DM2652, no thermocouple, will definitely update the thread with what the service tech finds, hate waiting a week to find out.
2009 Alumacraft 1442

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I know my 2652 has a thermocouple because I have changed it once.........but, it is a 1999 model.......The OP's is a 2007.....what a difference 8 years makes.......

So, I guess my guarantee is worth exactly what you paid for it:B

Please be sure and come back and update us with what your service tech finds.......
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
There may NOT be a thermocouple, contrary to my previous opinion and my experience with my own 2652.

THIS LINK is a PDF for troubleshooting, aka "DIAGNOSTIC SERVICE MANUAL".

Down on page 17 is this:
Units that have integrated igniter do not have a thermocouple. The igniter senses the flame thru the electrode and communicates with the lower main control. The integrated igniter used on certain Dometic model refrigerators operates on 12 volt DC thru the control board. On gas operation the igniter senses the resistance through the flame between the electrode and burner. When there is no flame at the burner, the resistance is high and the igniter begins sparking to light the burner. As soon as the flame is lit, the resistance between the electrode and burner drops and the igniter stops sparking. The resistance is monitored by the igniter, and, if for any reason the flame goes out, the igniter begins sparking until the burner is lit.

It seems the newer Dometic units may not have a thermocouple. I "assumed" they all did.
Gene and DW Ginny

evergladesgator
Explorer
Explorer
Similar problem by me and others.

evergladesgator wrote:

BUT, from my experience with thermocouples if the TC was defective, the gas valve would not open and if it did open it would only be for a few seconds NOT minutes like what mine is doing.

I had two TCs fail (over a 20 year period), and like you, my experience was that if the TC was defective, the gas valve would not open and if it did open it would only be for a few seconds NOT minutes. When it failed for the third time, I had symptoms more like you had, but perhaps more randomly. It would die after an hour or so, then perhaps after 10 minutes, then run for 2 hours, etc. My flame looked good and I'd adjusted the TC to the right point, and when I replaced the TC the problem continued.

D Mitchell Y'all need to recheck your model number or hope for Chris to check in..
gator
2000 F250 Super Duty 7.3 PSD.
1999 Skyline 2427 Nomad 5th wheel.Rancho 9000s, Prodigy, Me, wife & two spoiled chihuahuas. PeePee aka Penelope(6/97-7/08) & Hannah (19 now and seen the USA ). New kid Chiquita aka ChiChi.

mdjm66
Explorer
Explorer
How much is the guarantee? As there is nothing above the burner jet, supposedly, there are two models, one with a thermocouple and another without!
๐Ÿ™‚

96Bounder30E wrote:
I guarantee you have a thermocouple.......I have the exact same fridge that you do.....

Here is a representation from another thread.......

2009 Alumacraft 1442

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guarantee you have a thermocouple.......I have the exact same fridge that you do.....

Here is a representation from another thread.......

Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

mdjm66
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, where the hell is my Thermocouple LOL?

All the images I have seen show it above the burner tube, mine doesnt have anything above that!
2009 Alumacraft 1442