cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 9100 Awning

js6343js6343
Explorer
Explorer
I have a TT equipped with a Dometic/A&E 9100 awning. I have read most of the threads on these awnings but wanted to solicit some more feedback on camper experiences. Specifically:

1) Does your awning collect rainwater in the rolled up position and hold it over extended periods? Mine is always soaking wet when I unroll it. Grows mold too. I have seen people put a protective tube around the awning and am wondering if it helps.
2) What are your experiences with motor failure? Mine has failed twice. Both times the motor would not run, but just clicks. Dealer fixed it the first time under warranty. I am getting ready to pull the motor out a second time and wonder what I will find.
3) What are my fabric options? It seems that if your awning did not come equipped with a metal fabric protector you are limited to just vinyl. Acrylic would be nicer but can't find a supplier. I found a couple suppliers that sell a "universal" vinyl fabric for a decent price ($215), but I would like to know all my options. I heard Tough Top sells a really heavy vinyl but with my motor burning out like it is, I am a little afraid of the load from a heavy material

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim
2011 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS
2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L 4.10
Reese dual cam WDH
Tekonsha Prodigy 2
2 REPLIES 2

WolverineState
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic awning collects water in the rolled up position also. Very annoying. I cleaned it thoroughly before storing last winter (under a carport) and found moisture & mold on our first outing. After reading up on the subject last week, others were talking about how the water wicks from the edges and travels into the rolled up awning. I'm trying the 2-liter bottle suggestion (see link below).

http://www.doityourselfrv.com/make-diy-awning-protectors-rv/

skipro
Explorer
Explorer
Mine also collects and hold moisture and has a moldy look and smell when first unrolled. Unfortunately because where it is parked, I cannot unroll it after it storms. So, I'm also looking for solutions.