cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Americana Power

johnnydp1
Explorer
Explorer
After shutting down my model RM 2862, the unit will not come back on. I defrosted the unit and it was off for several days. Now there is no power to the display board or to the inside lamp. I have check both fuses and connections seem seem secure.

Is there a way that I can check out the two circuit boards myself, before taking them to an RV dealer technician?

Thanks for any ideas.
18 REPLIES 18

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Your unit may have the Recall done. That recall involved adding 2 temp systems to the burner area, 1. is a snap disc on the burner metal round cover and the other is a flame thermistor mounted on the back of the refer wall behind the burner. IF either has failed you will not get power to the Circuit board. WHERE are you measuring the 12 volt power at? 120 means nothing, the refer power functions operates off 12 volts. There are 2 fuses on the Circuit board. 1 fuse will have 12 volts and the other is the 120 fuse for the 120 heat element. Doug

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. Need to verify using a meter that you have both 12 and 120 volts at the board.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

johnnydp1
Explorer
Explorer
There are only two fuses on the 'lower' circuit board, no fuses on the Display board. This is a 18 year old 2004 motorhome, so the newer units may have fuses located differently. Both are good.

Yes, you are right: Circuit Board (s) + Tech Rate = $$$

However, I don't want to buy anything that don't need replacing. Thanks.

PS: Just to clarify one point, I do have both AC and DC power to the unit.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two fuses? I assume your meaning the one on the main control board and also the one in your distribution panel?
Other than that, nope. A new dinosaur board is probsbly about what you would pay for a service techs time.
You might check board connections to be sure none have vibrated loose.