cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic comfort zone furnace turns off after 30 seconds

Gmoney5712
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 voltage and the comfort air dometic zone control thermostat. Last week it worked well and now it wonโ€™t stay on longer than 30 seconds. I have reset it by turning it off and pressing and holding MODE and ZONE and then INIT pops up then turning it on. That still didnโ€™t fix the issue
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
A bit more specific if it runs fore 30 seconds and shuts down (It should run for like 3 minutes) there is a LED on the control board (likely on the left outside) note if it is blinking 3 blinks pause 3 blinks repeated means "Ignition lockout"

Mine did that when the board failed to detect the burner was lit. oh the burner lit just fine but the detection chip was toast. New control board from dinosaur board fired 'er right up. No problem.

But you'd get the same indication if the burner did not light.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
if it runs 30 seconds then shuts off, then the burner probably has not lit. The furnace then goes to lock out. Odds are the hi limit switch is stuck open. Take a hammer and gently bang on the outside metal exhaust tube for about 30 seconds. Then try to run furnace, if it runs and lights you need the Hi limit replaced. Doug

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Does it try to light?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I am guessing the furnace is not operating.
Open furnace access, locate the two blue wires, install a temperary jumper between them. The furnace fan should start, furnace should start producing heat. If it continues to operate, remove jumper, furnace should shut off burner go into cool down and then shut off.
If it does the furnace is operating correctly and problem is thermostat or it's system.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker