cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic High Profile 310 toilet question

SJR
Explorer
Explorer
Been thinking about replacing our toilet with a foot flush model. Some of the reviews I have read indicate that you may have a problem if a male is sitting while urinating, since there is no lip liquid squirts over the bowl. Would anyone who has this toilet please chime in. I have a disabled son who prefers to sit and this would be a problem.
Stephan
2010 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab
2003 Northstar TC800EC
2016 Rockwood Roo 21ss
Equalizer Hitch
5 REPLIES 5

jodeb720
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 310 and can confirm that I would go with the 320 elongated bowl if I had a choice. I can also tell you the seal on the bottom of the bowl is likely to seal often.

The solution is fairly easy. You open the bowl all the way, press down on the seal, and then pour warm water into the bowl to reshape the seal. It's a big pain the well, you get the idea.

On an 18 day trip, I had to do this 3 times in order to keep water from leaking down.

They use a lot of water because they are similar to stick home toilets. It's also hard for some people (my 13 year old son) to understand to fill the bowl you only step down a small amount - not enough to let the water down but enough to activate the water control valve.

Just my $.02

Josh

SJR
Explorer
Explorer
Great feedback, thanks
Stephan
2010 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab
2003 Northstar TC800EC
2016 Rockwood Roo 21ss
Equalizer Hitch

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Chris Bryant wrote:
I would spend the extra ~$50 and go for the 320 with the elongated bowl.

THAT is a good idea!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Chris_Bryant
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would spend the extra ~$50 and go for the 320 with the elongated bowl.
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Male urinating is about 'control' whether standing or sitting.

Sitting down and urinating should not be a major problem......toilet lid will control some of the splashing and having your son 'aim' downward vs straight out will help.

And if some splashing occurs (which can happen sitting/standing) just clean up toilet & floor more frequently. Only takes a few minutes to do a wipe down.

The high profile toilets are more comfortable and more like sitting on a regular toilet vs having ones knees above their head.

I sit because I don't like the splashing that occurs...in my RV, in restrooms etc. (Unless there is a urinal....which I despise due to the 'wet' floor around them)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31