Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic RM2192 Fridge Problem

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Greetings,
This site was very helpful back in 2015. Problems with my 1984 Dometic RM2192 refrigerator. Itโ€™s the one with the stainless steel tubes and not the access panel. Running great and then the flame gets noisy and goes out. It will do this numerous times before I can coax it to work properly again. It will run great for days and then do the same thing again. Jet has been cleaned a few times. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bob
5 REPLIES 5

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know the manufacturer of short two stage propane regulators? My present one stage regulator is 3 inches long, not counting brass. I know I probably cannot find a two-stage that short but something in that range may fit with a little tweaking. I only need a low capacity one since I only have a two burner stove and my refrigerator.

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. Iโ€™ve been thinking that may be the problem but Iโ€™m on the road and will not be home till October to use my homemade manometer. It is not easy checking the flame on this model of refrigerator. You have to look through a little clouded window to see the flame. To access the burner and jet you have to take out the refrigerator, turn it upside down, and take apart the burner box. A real hassle. If I can find a short two-stage regulator I may replace my one stage regulator if there is enough play in the copper line. I really donโ€™t want to crawl under my camper van and change copper lines or extend them while on the road.

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like the burner is not getting the correct air mixture. Does your burner have an adjustable air slot? If so close it slightly if the flame is lifting off the burner or open if there is a lot of yellow in the flame.

Bird_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for replying. I can run it on the low flame without it going out. When I flip to the high flame it sometimes gets noisy and goes out. I had replaced the thermostat in 2015 and also again this April 2022. It runs well on low flame but I donโ€™t get enough cooling.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If your model has a BYPASS tstat, I would suspect the tstat is bad. BTPASS tstats NEVER stop the flame. When temp is reached the flame"bypasses" to a small idle flame and when it calls for cold the flame goes to full flame. I would suspect when it goes to bypass, the flame drops too much and the Thermocoupler stops the gas flow,.hence the flame goes out. Doug